vb:literal>

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The WWWWWW4 Event is Posted!

Yeah I know,the engine blew in my car....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Okay, so there are no dumb questions...... But.... we plan to go to our first event in February, if the weatherman is willing. Does everyone wear name tags with both their caching name and their real name? If not, how do we know who we're meeting? Does Jake come dressed as a fireman? Does Bruce look lost? Do I need to wear black and white feathers and carry a paddle? (How are those for dumb questions?). Are the blank name tags provided at the restaurant by Bruce????
    Jake doesn't do geocaching events . . . well except for the Tread Lightly events and once upon a time he was allegedly sighted at a certain geocacher's birthday party (but then again that may have been an imposter.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Yes to all of them

Jake will be wearing a firemans thong for the calendar shoot.

Usually the host of the event provides name tags and a sign in sheet
    I don't think you would want to see Jake wearing a thong . . . even Big G's sandwiches would soon lose their appeal if I showed up wearing one of those.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Since you've met us, you know what we look like - just look for us. LOL! And yes, we'll have blank name tags for you fill out when you enter the "back room" at the location.

If you have a TB or geocoin you want to trade, bring that along as we'll have a TB table. We'll have a few door prizes, a lot of us will bring our "toys" for demonstrations, and TAT has promised to sing a few songs about kayaking on the Atlantic.
    Tat's going to be singing sea chanties, eh?

Talking how can you miss TAT singing!?

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Tat's going to be singing sea chanties, eh?
    Now that's worth coming to see, no??
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Exclamation snowshoe afterwards.......

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Hiram and I haven't gotten the series on the Mess. Trail out of Oakland yet: GC17PRW

Just thought I would remind everyone who wants to, that we will be snowshoeing after the event. We will not be leaving the WWWWWW4 event until it is over. So you may want to bring your headlight, just in case we don't finish the 2.5 mile hike, til near sunset. Foxgloves and I will definitely be there, espicially with all of this new snow.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Just thought I would remind everyone who wants to, that we will be snowshoeing after the event. We will not be leaving the WWWWWW4 event until it is over. So you may want to bring your headlight, just in case we don't finish the 2.5 mile hike, til near sunset. Foxgloves and I will definitely be there, espicially with all of this new snow.
    Where are you going to be snowshoeing at this time after the event?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    If it's going to go that late maybe we should bring a "doctor" with us just in case... ya know... to be on the safe side...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Thumbs up come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Where are you going to be snowshoeing at this time after the event?
    Messkalonski trails (I'm misspelling this though, you can see from earlier posts) It's in Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    If it's going to go that late maybe we should bring a "doctor" with us just in case... ya know... to be on the safe side...
    Yes, definately
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

I would love to be there especially since I have friends in that area but unfortunately I have a show in Portland that I have to be at all day SOOOO Bummed!