vb:literal>

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The WWWWWW4 Event is Posted!

Thumbs up Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Hiram and I haven't gotten the series on the Mess. Trail out of Oakland yet: GC17PRW
    A short distance away and a nice snowshoe too. Looks like we have a winner! I'm sure I can talk Foxgloves and 1manteam into it.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Wink Let's go tromping!

Mainiac said he'd join us too! We all just stopped by to do a test-tasting run of Big G's, make sure things were up to par. We went at a slow time, and our sandwiches did come fast, but the place was packed anyway! Word of the wise: Get there early!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    We went at a slow time, and our sandwiches did come fast, but the place was packed anyway! Word of the wise: Get there early!
    We went last week as well.

The event officially "starts" at noon, but RULOST2? and I will be there at 11:00. As in the past, many cachers start gathering between 11:00 and 12:00, and we gradually manage to take over the room.

I don't understand why, since we've had more than 100 people at past WWWWWW events, that they won't let us reserve the room!

Thumbs up Don't let the crowds/muggles scare you from this event, you won't want to miss it!

That's ok, your plans have worked out well in the past , I'm sure we'll all fit, and it makes it almost impossible not to meet new cachers when you're practically rubbing shoulders with them.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

And by the way...

RULOST2? and I will be going to Spain, Portugal and - hopefully - Morocco in April. We will take a LIMITED number of SMALL TB's with us if anyone wants a TB to go to Europe (no limit on geocoins). Log the TB/coin into the event, and MAKE SURE you give it directly to us.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    And by the way...

RULOST2? and I will be going to Spain, Portugal and - hopefully - Morocco in April. We will take a LIMITED number of SMALL TB's with us if anyone wants a TB to go to Europe (no limit on geocoins). Log the TB/coin into the event, and MAKE SURE you give it directly to us.
    I have a bottle of shampoo TB and a nailclipper TB you can take on the plane over with ya...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Lightbulb Think about it....

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I have a bottle of shampoo TB and a nailclipper TB you can take on the plane over with ya...
    All they would have to do. Is pack them in the suitcase TB I have. DUH!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

"Shotgun" and I live close to this place and love it. We are new to geocaching, just got our first GPS and have alot of questions. We have snowshoes too! We would love to go "Caching" after, We are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    "Shotgun" and I live close to this place and love it. We are new to geocaching, just got our first GPS and have alot of questions. We have snowshoes too! We would love to go "Caching" after, We are looking forward to meeting all of you.
    Welcome to geocaching Mapachi . . . and I'm glad you were able to find this place . . . I've said it before and I'll say it again . . . if you've got questions, the folks here generally have the answers . . . to anything (including geocaching!)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Dumb Question

Okay, so there are no dumb questions...... But.... we plan to go to our first event in February, if the weatherman is willing. Does everyone wear name tags with both their caching name and their real name? If not, how do we know who we're meeting? Does Jake come dressed as a fireman? Does Bruce look lost? Do I need to wear black and white feathers and carry a paddle? (How are those for dumb questions?). Are the blank name tags provided at the restaurant by Bruce????
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows