vb:literal>

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The WWWWWW4 Event is Posted!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Okay, so there are no dumb questions...... But.... we plan to go to our first event in February, if the weatherman is willing. Does everyone wear name tags with both their caching name and their real name? If not, how do we know who we're meeting? Does Jake come dressed as a fireman? Does Bruce look lost? Do I need to wear black and white feathers and carry a paddle? (How are those for dumb questions?). Are the blank name tags provided at the restaurant by Bruce????

Yes to all of them

Jake will be wearing a firemans thong for the calendar shoot.

Usually the host of the event provides name tags and a sign in sheet

Wink Big G's host to loons and wanderers

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Yes to all of them

Jake will be wearing a firemans thong for the calendar shoot.

Usually the host of the event provides name tags and a sign in sheet
    Unless Jake changes his mind, he won't be there.... (He's not an event guy...unless it involves ORCA tread lightly events...)
    I don't recall ever seeing anyone dress as their alias...but that would make for a really cool event, no??
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Unless Jake changes his mind, he won't be there.... (He's not an event guy...unless it involves ORCA tread lightly events...)
    I don't recall ever seeing anyone dress as their alias...but that would make for a really cool event, no??

I wasnt real creative when I came up with my name, so what would my costume look like Steph

Wink The 70s were gooooooood

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    I wasnt real creative when I came up with my name, so what would my costume look like Steph
    I dunno, I think a Dave from 1976 would be pretty groovy!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Wink what a pair!

I dunno, I think a Dave from 1976 would be pretty groovy!!
    And Connie's gotta be dressed from Down Under

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Okay, so there are no dumb questions...... But.... we plan to go to our first event in February, if the weatherman is willing. Does everyone wear name tags with both their caching name and their real name? If not, how do we know who we're meeting? Does Jake come dressed as a fireman? Does Bruce look lost? Do I need to wear black and white feathers and carry a paddle? (How are those for dumb questions?). Are the blank name tags provided at the restaurant by Bruce????
    Since you've met us, you know what we look like - just look for us. LOL! And yes, we'll have blank name tags for you fill out when you enter the "back room" at the location.

If you have a TB or geocoin you want to trade, bring that along as we'll have a TB table. We'll have a few door prizes, a lot of us will bring our "toys" for demonstrations, and TAT has promised to sing a few songs about kayaking on the Atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Since you've met us, you know what we look like - just look for us. LOL! And yes, we'll have blank name tags for you fill out when you enter the "back room" at the location.

If you have a TB or geocoin you want to trade, bring that along as we'll have a TB table. We'll have a few door prizes, a lot of us will bring our "toys" for demonstrations, and TAT has promised to sing a few songs about kayaking on the Atlantic.
    Jean - just come early (recommended), order your food and move out towards the left of the ordering station to the "back room". You will find the "lost" one at the first table and hopefully room to sit. Boy, last year it got crowded fast. The "lost" one has name tags, tickets and if necessary important information. Can't wait to meet you there ............ stay warm until them. Cachers are great and help make it all work out.

Hope someone takes photos too as I usually did. I'll miss it for sure. Have a great time!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Wink what's a "haffy"

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Hope someone takes photos too as I usually did. I'll miss it for sure. Have a great time!!!
    We'll miss you too, Haffy!! ...I'm not sure how you'd have dressed up...

We'll miss you too, Haffy!! ...I'm not sure how you'd have dressed up...
    Will we miss Haffy? NOT! He didn't show up at last year's WWWWWW!