vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Santa was good to me!

Hybrid View

Talking Santa was good to me!

I'm new to this and I have been waiting to get started ... although my interest in this started in October which left little time to find and well I didn't have the money for a GPS which well...hindered my progress more then the weather

However, Santa came through and delivered me my
    Garmin® GPSMAP® 60CSx

I have managed to figure it out enough to turn it on it's going to take A LOT of work for me to get it figured out I do believe....but i'll be studying it every night while watching tv to try and figure it out...I got a few months

Anyone else have this same unit?

Wow, way to go! that model was my trade up after I had been caching awhile. Very easy to use compared to lesser garmins, especially the e-trex legend which I moved up from.

Also when you start hiding caches the feature which can average readings to get more accuracy is very cool.

Merry Christmas, now get out and cache!!

Why wait a few months? Get out there and find those elusive caches under the snow. You'll have such fun and don't forget, no mosquitoes.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Smile New Garmin 60csx

You have one of the best units available. Once you download the Garmin Plug in on geocaching.com, you will be able to download the coords directly to your unit. After that hit the Find button, enter Geocaches then Go To and you're good to go. You will want to calibrate the electronic compass. If you click "Calibrate Compass" it will direct you to do a couple of slow turns and you're done. With all the snow we've had, you might want to start off on caches that have been found since all the snow started, and avoid those where the snow prevented a find. Have fun. By the way, Haffy has defected to south of the Mason-Dixon line and apparently has forgotten how hard it is to dig a cache out of a frozen snowbank! He is , however, a dedicated vet of this sport and can offer very good advise. Happy Caching!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Forgotten!!!!! Never!!!!! I think the winter time was my favorite season to cache although I didn't go as much I enjoyed it more so. It is challenging for sure but not enough to keep one from not caching. I went out last weekend with a great family that I met who love to cache,Team Jamrasc and we had a great time. Here is a photo of them where we went to cache on the Clemson Research facility and has all kinds of nature trails and great for hiking. There are approximately 9 or so caches at the center and we managed to find I think 7 of the 9.

Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Smile

I don't see a single snowbank in any of those pictures! How hard can it be! Seven of Nine? What happened, sun stroke, ran out of mint julips, Jack Daniels was running a special at the Packie store and everybody went home early? Hope you're not getting too soft!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    You will want to calibrate the electronic compass. If you click "Calibrate Compass" it will direct you to do a couple of slow turns and you're done.
    You also need to recalibrate the compass each time you remove/replace the batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Once you download the Garmin Plug in on geocaching.com, you will be able to download the coords directly to your unit.
    Hello? "Garmin plugin"? From geocaching.com?? What's this???

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Hello? "Garmin plugin"? From geocaching.com?? What's this???
    My new csx was ready to go out of the box....it has a geocaching feature already installed.

Question Plug in

My 60csx is three or four years old so I had to download the plug-in. What do the poor people with Magellan's do as the plug in says it Garmin compatible only?