vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Santa was good to me!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bmeserve View Post
    I'm new to this and I have been waiting to get started ... although my interest in this started in October which left little time to find and well I didn't have the money for a GPS which well...hindered my progress more then the weather

However, Santa came through and delivered me my
    Garmin® GPSMAP® 60CSx

I have managed to figure it out enough to turn it on it's going to take A LOT of work for me to get it figured out I do believe....but i'll be studying it every night while watching tv to try and figure it out...I got a few months

Anyone else have this same unit?
    Hello Again, Couldn't help but notice the "racing" reference in your profile. Having spent a lot of time at Unity Raceway for many years, fan, pit crew and even driver in the Wildcat class, I wonder if you're related to Stan?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Hello Again, Couldn't help but notice the "racing" reference in your profile. Having spent a lot of time at Unity Raceway for many years, fan, pit crew and even driver in the Wildcat class, I wonder if you're related to Stan?
    I think a lot of people know Stan...and Ralph...and Dana Graves....and Boss Hogg....and I could go on and on and on....

I remember being a little kid....in my pajamas...sitting back-to in the stands and falling sound asleep. I grew up around all the tracks and you know...I haven't been in a long long time...only to attend the monster truck show last year.

I think it would be a blast to get a group together and head to the races....maybe even a day long thing and head up to Bullwinkle!

CM - sounds like an event......caching pre-races, tailgate picnic, races - woo, hoo.........I'll sign up. Seriously, I would love someone to go to the races with.

In my first married life, I was into the dirt bike, mud runs and snowmobile racing (doing it, maintaining them and the whole circuit team thing) as well as watching the cars. This was my weekend activity when I wasn't working.

I still love to go to the track but this hubby doesn't enjoy it. Sort of feel out of place there alone. Last time I went to SW95, I bumped into neighbors who couldn't believe I was there alone.

Soooo, if a group wants to go - let me know where to sign up.

Count me in! Do a lap, find a cache. Repeat as needed. Sounds like fun, plus Ralph will find a race car for me to drive!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    I sent my wife out on cross country skies last weekend to get rid of a TB we had aquired. She had been to this particular cache before and we knew it was on a boulder up off the ground. She assured me after going off trail in the deep snow that it would be the last one she would go to this winter. I have to agree with her. Our stuff is now stored. We may try one on an island on Norway Lake since I can't swim and we will be able to snowmobile to it. Caching will have to wait for springtime.
    I'm with you . . . unless the snow conditions are low to no snow I usually curtail my caching activities until the Spring (right after there's not enough snow to snowmobile and when there's too much mud to open the ATV trails). I have been known however to cross frozen lakes and ponds to look for caches however . . . just make sure the ice is thick enough . . . otherwise your swimming skills may be put to the test.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I think a lot of people know Stan...and Ralph...and Dana Graves....and Boss Hogg....and I could go on and on and on....

I remember being a little kid....in my pajamas...sitting back-to in the stands and falling sound asleep. I grew up around all the tracks and you know...I haven't been in a long long time...only to attend the monster truck show last year.

I think it would be a blast to get a group together and head to the races....maybe even a day long thing and head up to Bullwinkle!
    Oh Cameo . . . you truly are a redneck Mainiac gal! . . . And you've dated yourself a bit with some of the references . . . I'm unclear about the Bullwinkle reference though unless you're referring to the B & ML RR.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

You will want to calibrate the electronic compass. If you click "Calibrate Compass" it will direct you to do a couple of slow turns and you're done.
    You also need to recalibrate the compass each time you remove/replace the batteries.

Once you download the Garmin Plug in on geocaching.com, you will be able to download the coords directly to your unit.
    Hello? "Garmin plugin"? From geocaching.com?? What's this???

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Oh Cameo . . . you truly are a redneck Mainiac gal! . . . And you've dated yourself a bit with some of the references . . . I'm unclear about the Bullwinkle reference though unless you're referring to the B & ML RR.
    He he heh....I knew I would....but that's okay...everyone knows I'm 29...

Bullwinkle is a rush....the engines and commotion was so intense, my truck alarm kept going off....I had to move my truck out by the gate so I enjoy the action. Here's a link...http://www.bullwinkleraceway.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Hello? "Garmin plugin"? From geocaching.com?? What's this???
    My new csx was ready to go out of the box....it has a geocaching feature already installed.