vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: xm radio???

d’76 Guest

Default xm radio???

Well the little woman was good to me at christmas and I got a home and auto xm set. It sounds awesome in the house. In the truck it sounds ok. I have such limited knowledge in the auto radio part that I would like some input from others that have the portible xm radio and how they think it sounds in their vehicle?

Heres the link to the one that I have http://www.xmradio.com/roadyxt/index.xmc

It seems to work ok but there appears to be some interferance when I get to close to the radio with the wires.

This is an information seeking thread and would like for it to stay on topic please. Thanks

Where's Sudonim when you need him,he's the expert in this field,get it? Field.... Ok lame joke But honestly Sudy is the one to ask about this I'm sure.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

My XM was hard wired in the van so I did not have that issue. I am still waiting on the new unit that will be using FM for the new car to get here. I hope to get it tommorrow then I will know more about it.

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Where's Sudonim when you need him,he's the expert in this field,get it? Field.... Ok lame joke But honestly Sudy is the one to ask about this I'm sure.
    I have Sirius, mainly because before I got it I asked Andy which he preferred.

He said he preferred Sirius because of the placement of the satellites - reception is better in this area for Sirius. LOL!

(But I have to admit that my Sirius receiver has since died, and I haven;t gotten around to replacing it yet.... )

Default XM is fine for me

My new cache-mobile came with XM. Other than when it can't see the satellites it seems to work everywhere. With XM you get baseball and hockey, and with Sirius you get football. Lots of music with both I guess.
    Happy Trails!

Dave, Give me a call sometime and I'll look at it. Could be an issue that you can resolve by tuning the XM to a different freq.

Dave . . . I bought my wife an XM radio awhile back. I found that contrary to what Sudonim said (sorry Andy) that reception for XM is quite good here . . . but I've never done a head-to-head reception comparison with Sirius and XM while they're side-by-side. That said, I occasionally lose XM . . . particularly in downtown Bangor, under bridges, etc.

However, to address your question . . . assuming that the model you bought has the wireless connection feature . . . my wife has had similar issues. I resolved most of these issues by a) doing what Andy suggested and trying a different FM frequency to tune to and b) positioning the wires so that they were not crimped and were not near any of my bodyparts (I found that the wires bunched together caused some static and some static would be generated whenever my knee or hand got too close to the wires -- not enough to make the music unlistenable but enough of a hiss to cause it to be a distraction.

I suspect a hardwired XM radio set-up would improve the situation.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I just got mine in last night and I am having the same issues. The only solution in the kit was a clip that goes onto the antenna but that is going to be problomatic with the antenna on my car. Does anyone know if there would be an inline conector for the antenna that connects at the radio? I have been playing wiht the channels that it comes with but it is not giving perfect performance. Guess I will keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I just got mine in last night and I am having the same issues. The only solution in the kit was a clip that goes onto the antenna but that is going to be problomatic with the antenna on my car. Does anyone know if there would be an inline conector for the antenna that connects at the radio? I have been playing wiht the channels that it comes with but it is not giving perfect performance. Guess I will keep trying...
    What is this clip you mention . . . my XM radio didn't come with any clip.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I could not find the one that I have but found on their website a xm direct kit. The one on the site conects to the back of the radio. The one I have here is a sphere that mounts on the antenna and goes inline to the satalite antenna. I am going to have to look around to see if I can find the other one. Let me know when you are coming down this way and I could probally let you try the one I have casue I do not see it working on my car cause the wire on my antenna would have this haning 3" above the roof and I do not like that idea.