vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: xm radio???

Default XM interference

I've been an XM Subscriber for 5 or 6 years. I've seen this type of interference particularly if you're trying to listen via the FM Modulator. I'd suggest either a different frequency (should be in your menu options) or using a cassette adapter (I do this) for better fidelity.

Kurt

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by belchar View Post
    I've been an XM Subscriber for 5 or 6 years. I've seen this type of interference particularly if you're trying to listen via the FM Modulator. I'd suggest either a different frequency (should be in your menu options) or using a cassette adapter (I do this) for better fidelity.

Kurt
    Thanks all, I have been toying with a few things.

I messed with changing frequencies (not much help)

I talked with the guys at Best buy... (Not much help either) they told me they could hard wire it for around 100 bucks

I talked with Andy and he mentioned that as bad as I was discribing it that it didnt sound like just interfrence. He mentioned that it sounded like a bad ground in the 12 volt connector. I tried using the other 12 volt connector and that helped alot. I will try a few other things that he suggested then its going to get wired right into the truck.

Thanks everyone. Now, off to camp for the weekend to shovel roofs.

Ok, at the risk of sounding stupid. What is so great about satellite radio?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I said the same exact thing....and then we rented a car that had one installed. We purchased one within days. There is a lot of variety on it that you can always find something interesting. The radio seems to play the same stuff, over and over and over. My Siruis....I can choose from the 70's, 80's, 90's, comedy, talk, etc, by pressing one of the little buttons. I admit, I don't even use it to its full advantage. You can also dial it in on the internet and listens at work too (if your employer allows that.)

Another big factor for us was the in car audio from Nascar. It sounds like a radio station around here on race day, we have so many things going!

Hope this helps! Remind one of us that has it the next time we are down and we'll give you a ride and show you what it can do.

Question XM Radiio

I think XM dropped Nascar and Sirius has it now. My Chevy came with this and it works great although a large and high stand of trees or a cliff westerly of line of travel will result in poor reception. Change of subject: Would it be possible to have a thread here where people logging winter caches would also report them here? I need a "cache fix" as Di and I just bagged a bundle of 'em iin Florida and want slap on the snowshoes and get a bunch more. Problem is I have looked at the entire Central Maine cache list and there seems to be very few finds in the last two weeks. I know the snow is somewhat of an issue, the "snow friendly" icon can be of help, but I'd prefer chase a few that have recent logs. Any suggestions or comments?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

How much does it cost monthly for satellite radio?
    Blazing Troll

Default Xm

XM is $9.95 per month.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

XM & Sirius had to reduce the FM modulator in their units, so some of the Roady XT is weaker than an older Roady 2. The solution XM has is a Sure-connect, which basically is wire that runs to your antenna.

I currently have a Roady XT and switch freqs depending which area I am. Last summer while vacationing in Maine, I had to play around a lot to find a freq that I can set without having another FM jumping on top of my XM signal.

Anyway, I'll be starting my 4th year with XM and I love it, the choice available is great in my neck of the woods and while traveling. Also got it setup at work and home, so I can listen to it anywhere..

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Sheesh! The main thing is, if you like a certain channel, you KNOW you can get it wherever you are. If you travel a lot like we do, you don't have to worry about losing the station you're listening to every hour or so.

And you don't have to just take whatever broadcast station you can receive where you're at. If you like a channel with a certain type of music or whatever, you can get it any where - even in Canada. (Yeah - I know - you don't go to Canada! LOL!)

d’76 Guest

I like xm because we get radio stations at camp. I have a camp in Millinocket and where we are you may get a station or two on a good day. This weekend we had all the xm stations and It was great. And the other thing is xm allows up to 5 radios on an account. My research turned up 12.95 a month with additional radios at about 6.95 a month. I had my dad add this radio to his account since it will be primarly used at camp.

Oh did I mention the big reason I like xm.... It is commercial free for the most part. I have noticed that radio appears to be more commericials then music.