vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still Alive

Default Still Alive

Just to let everyone know, if anyone cares, I'm still alive. I haven't been online since Oct. As some of you know Cheryl and I decided to completely remodel our house. Starting with the foundation on up. At this time the foundation has been rebuilt, all the windows have been replaced, we have a new heating system, the whole interior has been "gutted", all the insulation has been installed. I'm working on the kitchen at the present time, just put in the new slate sink, now have to plumb it. Cheryl has been doing dishes in the bathtub since Nov. !!!

Doing this after work has kept me busy, and trying to beat the weather hasn't allow for much of anything else. Now we are at a spot where I can take a day off without the fear of us maybe freezing to death. So hopefuly will back in circulation, at least part time.

I've missed hearing from all of you. I'll try to make some of the up coming events. May even have time to host a winter camping event. Vic

Thumbs up Glad to hear from you Vic...

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I've missed hearing from all of you. I'll try to make some of the up coming events. May even have time to host a winter camping event. Vic
    Don't tease us Vic A winter camping event in your neighborhood would rock. And I know I speak for a few people.
    Happy Trails!

Smile

That is true Mainiac, but I'm also just glad that you're alive and well!! Good luck on the big home improvements!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

d’76 Guest

I stopped by one day and saw some of the renovations that Vic has been working on. He is one motivated guy. Everything looked great when I was there. Looking forward to seeing the finish product.

Default Glad to hear from you

I thought the house was fine when we were there last year. Good luck with the renovations. Camping? Hmmm.....can I stay in the newly renovated guest bedroom? Look forward to seeing you again. Come to the WWWWWW4 and bring your snowshoes.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Glad to hear you're back!! There's a bunch of us that just can't get enough of the snow. And this is the year with plenty!! I bet the house looks great.

Welcome back - or rather back in the forums. That is one serious undertaking - glad you have it completed. Winter camping isn't my thing but good to hear you are well - hope to see you at another event this winta!

The house is a long way from being finished yet, still have all the drywall to do, finish the wiring and the plumbing, finish the kitchen cabinets and build Cheryls new bathroom.The inside of the house right now is just studded walls and insulation, but if you have imagination you can see the end result.I knew when I started this was going to be a long process, maybe two years.Thats O.K. as long as there is a little time for geocaching and some snowshoeing this winter.

As far as the winter camping goes, I think we should do a repeat of last year. I'll just need some help from you guys, maybe a work party to cut some wood.Also some one to cohost and deal with online stuff so I can concentrate on my project.I don't want Cheryl to fire me!!!

It's good to hear from you Vic . . . I am doing the same thing in terms of renovations . . . only I work a lot slower and am doing a room by room renovation of the house. This winter's project is the mudroom/laundryroom and if I get really ambitious I may tackle the dining room. Living room has been slated for work in the Spring . . . I'm really happy with how our master bedroom and bath turned out . . . it's just that doing all the renovating has caused a serious crimp in my leisure time.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post

As far as the winter camping goes, I think we should do a repeat of last year. I'll just need some help from you guys, maybe a work party to cut some wood.Also some one to cohost and deal with online stuff so I can concentrate on my project.I don't want Cheryl to fire me!!!
    I'd be glad to help in anyway. I'm sure a few of us would be very willing to help with the wood and get the site ready. I can easily help with posting the event like last year. Let us know what you want and when!