vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Still Alive

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I'd be glad to help in anyway. I'm sure a few of us would be very willing to help with the wood and get the site ready. I can easily help with posting the event like last year. Let us know what you want and when!
    Tom , I was hoping you would say just that, you know the whole routine, location, etc., so you are the best person to cohost the event again this year. I'll try to be available as much as possible, but in case I get real busy with the house I'll need to count on you. Maybe we can get a few of us together for a work weekend and pre campout? Thanks Tom.

Super! We have the snow, all we need this year is to pick a weekend for the pre-campout and one for the event!

Anyone have any preferences? It looks like 1/27, 2/2 and 2/23 already have events.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Super! We have the snow, all we need this year is to pick a weekend for the pre-campout and one for the event!
    Tat, When did we do the first campout and the event last year? Was it in March? I can't remember, must be a age thing.

Anyone have any preferences? It looks like 1/27, 2/2 and 2/23 already have events.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Tat, When did we do the first campout and the event last year? Was it in March? I can't remember, must be a age thing.

ya think the snow will be around that long... ???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Cool I remember.....

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post

It was March 3rd
    Happy Trails!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    It was March 3rd
    Early March sounds great!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

I just looked at the calender. We need two weeks notice to post the event. That rules out 12Jan. That leaves 19Jan, 9Feb, 16Feb and 1Mar.

If we pick 19Jan, we need to do it today!

So, what does everyone else think?

Default My vote is......

for the first weekend in March. I have a lot going toward the end of the month.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    It's good to hear from you Vic . . . I am doing the same thing in terms of renovations . . . only I work a lot slower and am doing a room by room renovation of the house. This winter's project is the mudroom/laundryroom and if I get really ambitious I may tackle the dining room. Living room has been slated for work in the Spring . . . I'm really happy with how our master bedroom and bath turned out . . . it's just that doing all the renovating has caused a serious crimp in my leisure time.
    Jake, As I was working on my house, I was reminded of all the work you did on your house last year. Especially the stories of not having any wall for a few weeks.The last week of Oct. I had the whole 34' rear wall of our house completely removed one afternoon when Cheryl came home from work. She about "**** herself" when she saw it. Not a problem I told her, just a few sheets of insulation board and a blanket for a door and we were back in buisness. A little cool for the next few mornings. I know you can relate.