vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's in a Name: Naming the Geocaching Maine Newsletter

Exclamation What's in a Name: Naming the Geocaching Maine Newsletter

As some of you are aware, the Board has started a Geocaching Maine Newsletter. Discussion at http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...7054#post37054

I have volunteered to write the newsletter with Board oversight. We have decided to open up a discussion to choose a name for the newsletter. No ideas have yet been put forward, but we hope for something that is encompassing of the geocaching maine community and creatively fun

Post your ideas, thoughts, and reactions to others' posts

PS The first newsletter will be sent near the first of December, with the boring title of Geocaching Maine Newsletter. The Geocaching Maine Newsletter will come monthly through the email in your Geocaching Maine Profile. To receive the newsletter, click on "UserCP" in the top menu of the web site at http://www.geocachingmaine.org, click on "Options" in the left menu, make sure "Allow Email from Administrators" is checked in the "Receive Email" section. Click on "Edit Email and Password" in the left menu, make sure your correct email address is entered in the "Edit Email Address (Optional)" section.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Sheesh! I don't think "Geocaching Maine Newsletter" is boring! I like it! LOL!

Thumbs up simple is good

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I don't think "Geocaching Maine Newsletter" is boring! I like it! LOL!

tehehe
    I suppose it is good. Kinda like naming your dog "Dog". It works.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

I agree with Bruce. We should call it Geocaching Maine Newsletter. When mailing it out we need to put something in the subject line and "December Geocaching Maine Newsletter" would be the ideal name I think. If were going to give it a name then our name should be in it somewhere.
    Blazing Troll

Default My $0.02

I have two thoughts. The first I had was to use the previously mentioned name, and just turn it around to make it more interesting. Such as "News from Geocachingmaine". The other avenue is to make it fun sounding and maybe bring a few folks back that haven't been on for awhile. Such as calling it "The Ammo Can" as in look in here, lots of good stuff. With as many creative folks as we have here then I'm sure a name with come to us. I personally am on enough that I see all the news anyway. Good luck Stef.
    Happy Trails!

Question Where's TAT?

Come on TAT, you gotta post, you got me into this naming thing! (That and Rick didn't respond to the naming the newsletter part of the newsletter after reading it a couple times, so I assumed he was in favor of naming it something different.)

So post your ideas!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I have two thoughts. The first I had was to use the previously mentioned name, and just turn it around to make it more interesting. Such as "News from Geocachingmaine". The other avenue is to make it fun sounding and maybe bring a few folks back that haven't been on for awhile. Such as calling it "The Ammo Can" as in look in here, lots of good stuff. With as many creative folks as we have here then I'm sure a name with come to us. I personally am on enough that I see all the news anyway. Good luck Stef.
    I like The Ammo Can. We can add The Geocaching Maine Newsletter after it like this:
    The Ammo Can: the Geocaching Maine newsletter

Well, I still haven't named my boat, and that's been 6 years!!

I'm still thinking of what the name should be:
    1. Short. If not short, than something that is easily shortend. Take the wbsite name for example: GeocachingMaine.org is too long, but GCMaine.org is a perfect short version. Often, I will say GCMaine.org in conversation because the other takes too long to say. The newsletter name could also be long, if there is a good, obvious nic name for it.

2. The name should shout out this website in no uncertain terms. The connection should be automatic and easy for newer members to know what it is and where it came from.

3. The name should attract people somehow. It should be either fun or clever or tie into some popular Maine theme.

Anyway, I'm still thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    I like The Ammo Can. We can add The Geocaching Maine Newsletter after it like this:
    The Ammo Can: the Geocaching Maine newsletter
    Sheesh! Following this line of thought, we could also call it:

Behind the Guardrail: The Geocaching Maine Newsletter.

or

At The Base of the Stopsign: The Geocaching Maine Newsletter

or at least:

The Film Can: The Geocaching Maine Newsletter!

LOL!
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 11-28-2007 at 06:13 PM.

The guardrail? We could name it for something of Gob-lers but then it would be too small to read.