Thread: premie babies

dí76 Guest

Unhappy premie babies

I know last year or the year before I attended an event that was structured around small babies. A family that I know has recently had a baby several months early and the baby was born at 2 1/2 lbs. The baby is doing ok right now. The mom is a first year teacher at the school and has used all her sick time and the dad has recently had his hours cut. I was wondering if any of you knew of organizations that currently help families in this kind of crisis? Many of us in the school district are trying to help but there are so few of us. Any thoughts would be great. I am up for hearing may ideas of ways to help.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Default Newborns in Need

That was at the "Spirit of the Season" event hosted by Stacy and Ron aka Flower Lady. I am not totally sure what they can do, but it would be a name to pass along. Check here for more info.
    Happy Trails!
    Yeah it's a Jeep thing!

Most definately they would be the ones to contact as they had a premie and that's why they had that annual event in Skowhegan every year. Haven't heard from the recently either now that you mention them Brad.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

EM sent. Also, that link appears to be a good resource.

dí76 Guest

Thanks everyone for the input. Between the info here and the pm's and emails I got I think this family will be happy with the info and results.

The geocaching community is a great place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. Between the info here and the pm's and emails I got I think this family will be happy with the info and results.

The geocaching community is a great place to be.
    There are many resources both human and otherwise in our community. You are very right, a great place to be!

My youngest son who is now 8 years old was also a premie. His birth weight was 1 LB. 15 OZ. He was born in CA. and a program called "Any Baby Can" help us a lot. I don't know if that exists around here but it's worth checking into. You friends pediatrician should have many contacts. We understand the scary feeling they are going through. Can they take the baby out of the house? I know they we were not supposed to for the first year due to RSV. They might want to ask if their Dr. hasn't mentioned that. I hope the baby gets stonger every day! Good luck!

Oh ya, Easter Seals might be another source.

Some of you have met William, he was a preemie, born ten weeks early and weighed less than three pounds. We got a lot of help from the consolers at the hospital, both for financial help and for well being.