vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning: Scary Cache in Augusta!

Default Warning: Scary Cache in Augusta!

I'm real nervous. Many of you know what I do for a living, yes I'm an Attorney. I tried to beat Gob-ler to this cache for a FTF but he snuck in in the middle of the night, I think. That's not the problem. He put money, yes CASH in the cache! I feel this could be a "lawyer trap" and I have concerns about going after this one. What if there's snares or other things to which I could become entangled? I'll go but I'm bring bolt cutters and a cutting torch and TWO cellphones. If I make it I'm also troubled by a possible ethical issue, i.e., do I keep ALL the money or just the usual one-third? I'm not going to sleep well tonite. Firefighterjake, are you certified on Hurst tools and extrication? Can you drive down tomorrow to see me through this? And I thought this was all fun and games.....
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

You won't need bolt cutters or anything. Lawyers are slippery enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    He put money, yes CASH in the cache!
    Was it a "Where's George" bill?

Wink Cash Cache

I don't care if if it's Where's George or Who's George, it's got to be a trap! You guys have to offer a little help here!!!!!

Well, I don't know to what cache you refer (found it - the one at UMA) - but I can say I have found a lot of cash ($) in caches. Oh, no more than a $1.00 but over two years - maybe I could go to McDonald's for a Happy Meal.

What someone puts into a cache is entirely up to them. If it's $ (cash), well, the next person may take it or not. I remember one FTF which had a FTF prize of a $5.00 bill (thank you Parmachenee). It was literally stuffed in the match container.

Well -JMHO (Just my humble opinion.). Next?
    Last edited by hollora; 01-11-2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: found information

Sheesh! If there's cash in the cache, take it if you want. Leave it if you want. I always take it when I find it in a cache...

I know I'm getting old, but I really don't understand what the question is.

One Third would be appropriate. That would leave two thirds for FFJ or myself to get paid for our volunteer work rescueing you
    Slowly but surely

What would OJ do? If the cash fits..... Maybe I should skip this cache. Can we create a new cache symbol for lawyer friendly caches, or caches with no cash?

Default Hmmmmm...

After checking the geocaching rule book........I found this.

page 23, para 4 56:7 if you take the entire amount you must leave something of equal value.

I'd leave a business card, since you are a lawyer. That should be of equal value. I guess. Depends on the type of lawyer too! Maybe 1/3 would be better. Good luck. After you log the cache, that is.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Thanks for giving me the Rules. That makes me feel a little better, but now I have received a Private Message that creates a whole new problem. I has been reported to me that there is a cache in North New Portland that has one of those little"nipper" bottles of gin in it. This is a clear violation of all caching rules as we all know. The problem is that gin makes martinis, the national drink of lawyers. (Why do you think they call it a BAR association.) So now there's another trap being laid and it's on the way to Sugarloaf where I just happen to have a season pass. Help, the paranoids are following me! I better stay home and look for an accident scene or something to calm my nerves!