vb:literal>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Scary Cache in Augusta!

Can somebody give a readers' digest note as to what the Where's George dollars are all about. I really didn't look that closely but did see some stuff stamped in red. Thanks folks!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Good thing you didn't say " leave a donut " or you'd have every cop in town............Sorry!
    . . . and half of the firefighters.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    . . . and half of the firefighters.
    no, they didn't say UHOP...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I once found $100 in a cache . . . true story . . . of course it was an Iraqi dinar with Saddam Hussein on it and therefore it was nearly worthless.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Wow! That's quite cool. Is it common to find the Where's George dollars in caches? I've done only a 150 or so and this is the first time I've heard of this. Yet another new twist, gotta love it!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Wow! That's quite cool. Is it common to find the Where's George dollars in caches? I've done only a 150 or so and this is the first time I've heard of this. Yet another new twist, gotta love it!
    Where's George dollars are found on occasion - your gas tank would wheeze between caches stocked with them......but they are there on occasion. Some cachers are heavy into the WGDs. And then there are the cachers who just leave change and regular $ or silver (yes, I have found silver coins too.......)

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    One of the goals in "Where's George" is to get as many hits - reports on the bill's location - as possible. Used to be that "Where's Georgers" put marked bills in caches assuming that cachers were more likely to report the find, and also move them to another cache to be reported again.

But... The owner of the "Where's George" web site so that any bill reported as being found in a geocache is no longer eligible for the record books. So not as many "Georges" are showing up in caches.

There's one guy in Biddeford who has entered more than 55,000 bills.

Remember: It's ALWAYS about the numbers! LOL! (I'm ranked #11 in Maine and #863 nationally.)

(Sheesh!)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    One of the goals in "Where's George" is to get as many hits - reports on the bill's location - as possible. Used to be that "Where's Georgers" put marked bills in caches assuming that cachers were more likely to report the find, and also move them to another cache to be reported again.

But... The owner of the "Where's George" web site so that any bill reported as being found in a geocache is no longer eligible for the record books. So not as many "Georges" are showing up in caches.

There's one guy in Biddeford who has entered more than 55,000 bills.

Remember: It's ALWAYS about the numbers! LOL! (I'm ranked #11 in Maine and #863 nationally.)

(Sheesh!)
    Wow - I didn't know that about Where's George $ and Geocaches - that's a bummer.

Yeah I got a rather nasty email from a Where's Georger one time when I picked up and placed a bill in a cache at one time. I don't bother with them anymore unless it is in regular circulation.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.