vb:literal>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Scary Cache in Augusta!

I was banned from the site a few years ago due to transferring bills in a way that they didn't agree with. Whatever. I do still notice them but that's about it, just cash for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I was banned from the site a few years ago due to transferring bills in a way that they didn't agree with. Whatever. I do still notice them but that's about it, just cash for me.

lol, is there a wrong way to pass along money?? why did they ban caches from their website? imo, their purpose is to track how the money moves right? and if it wasnt a wheres george bill in the cache then it'd probably be another one... so whats up with that???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Where's George

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    lol, is there a wrong way to pass along money?? why did they ban caches from their website? imo, their purpose is to track how the money moves right? and if it wasnt a wheres george bill in the cache then it'd probably be another one... so whats up with that???
    It looks like we've come full circle to when I started this craziness with the reference to cash in caches and possible lawyer traps. Maybe the Where's George guy doesn't like lawyers as much as you all do? So this discrimination against geocachers sounds like a potential class action suit that we should file. If somebody wants to pay me a $3.50 retainer, I'll make the sob's take our dollar bills!! How dare they! I'm outraged! Let's get 'em: Win, Win, One...we mean bussinessss!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    It looks like we've come full circle to when I started this craziness with the reference to cash in caches and possible lawyer traps. Maybe the Where's George guy doesn't like lawyers as much as you all do? So this discrimination against geocachers sounds like a potential class action suit that we should file. If somebody wants to pay me a $3.50 retainer, I'll make the sob's take our dollar bills!! How dare they! I'm outraged! Let's get 'em: Win, Win, One...we mean bussinessss!
    heh, ok, i put your $3.50 (in odd change) in caches around maine, so go out and find it, and when ya get the whole $3.50 you can get started!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    The point of Where's George is to track how a bill travels in regular commerce - using cache for a purchase. If you buy $100 in $1 bills, mark them, enter them at Where's George, and then return them to the bank unspent, that's not considered "regular commerce".

For example, the "top user" on Where's George has entered over 827,000 bills since 2002. Figuring 6 years with 365 days per year, that means he's marked and entered over 377 bills each and every day for 6 years? I doubt it. And how could a person spend $827,000 in CASH in 6 years ($578,000 of it in $1 bills!)?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    And how could a person spend $827,000 in CASH in 6 years ($578,000 of it in $1 bills!)?

At Platinum Plus in Westbrook!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    At Platinum Plus in Westbrook!

Been there done that, The cover charge and the price of a beer was way to expensive for my taste. Give me La Casa any day

OK, Dubord...here's my offer. I can think of a number of caches that can be considered "lawyer traps" across Maine. I think it's in your best interest to always have a paramedic close by in case of a sudden emergency. Let's negotiate.... Oh, also, in reference to an earlier entry where someone questioned making change for those Where's George bills.....wouldn't the change have to be in Where's George quarters???

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Been there done that, The cover charge and the price of a beer was way to expensive for my taste. Give me La Casa any day
    He, he and they have Local talent!

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    OK, Dubord...here's my offer. I can think of a number of caches that can be considered "lawyer traps" across Maine. I think it's in your best interest to always have a paramedic close by in case of a sudden emergency. Let's negotiate.... Oh, also, in reference to an earlier entry where someone questioned making change for those Where's George bills.....wouldn't the change have to be in Where's George quarters???
    Not all Where's George bills are $1s......there are $20s and more. Now, I can think of a few caches where I would have liked to have had a paramedic with me.........