vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Scary Cache in Augusta!

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Been there done that, The cover charge and the price of a beer was way to expensive for my taste. Give me La Casa any day
    I got kicked outta there, they got pretty upset when I went in with a bag full of quarters...

(and for those of you wonder, yes it is a joke)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    He, he and they have Local talent!
    And now, coming to you live all the way from the big city of Bangor, Maine . . . it's tantalizing Tiffany (or sensational Sasha, luscious Lisa, cute Candy or some other similar name) . . . or so I've heard.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    At Platinum Plus in Westbrook!
    That's pretty funny!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Been there done that, The cover charge and the price of a beer was way to expensive for my taste. Give me La Casa any day
    A year or so back my brother in law from CT and I were sledding up in the Millinocket area when I spied a trail-side sign mentioning the Casa . . . I stopped and explained the significance at which point he exclaimed, "This is a great state . . . you can ride your sleds to restaurants, gas stations and even [type of business -- edited for young minds.]

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I got kicked outta there, they got pretty upset when I went in with a bag full of quarters...

(and for those of you wonder, yes it is a joke)
    So what's the joke . . . that you went there . . . or you went there with a bag full of quarters?

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Not all Where's George bills are $1s......there are $20s and more.
    People who are more interested in "hit rate" (percentage of bills which actually get logged by a finder) usually only enter $1 bills as the hit rate for higher denominations drops off rapidly. These days it's rare to see 1 $20 bill entered.

What's interesting is that I have found a 20, 10 and 5 and interestingly enough they have had very little activity. The 20 was my biggest mileage bill, it had been entered in Irag.

I have a person here in the Lewiston area that has had me find quite a number of her bills in the Red Kettles. She is saying now she is going to put one out there with my name on it to see if I can find that one.

I just find it to be an interesting thing to look at when I find them.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    I just find it to be an interesting thing to look at when I find them.
    Agreed, and the lady who puts them in the Red Kettles - her heart is in the right place!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Help, the paranoids are following me!
    Welcome to my world - lol

I was fortunate enough to get a FTF with a cash prize. I didn't have any challenges scooping that prize out of the container! Otherwise, I'm not sure what I would do. Probably depends on the price of gas, the state of my finances and who is with me when I am caching - hehehehe
    ~ Beach Comber ~

If Someone Could Leave A Signed Blank Check In One Of The Augusta Area Caches I Would See That It Gets A Nice Comfortable Home.:d