vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Lightbulbs

Default RE: Lightbulbs

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

1 to post in ALL CAPS

2 to explain that this is considered shouting and impolite

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".
    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

50 people to argue over the environmental benefit of fluorescent bulbs versus incandescent bulbs

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and their own light bulbs.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Got this off of another forum...
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post

oh! so that explains why there are no numbers for people who will hijack the thread to talk about beer, geocoins, jeeps, events, caches, winter camping, summer camping, atvs, snowmobiles and everything else!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Sheesh! As one who has been in online forums for many years, I can attest that this is so, so accurate! LOL!

What Is Your Point?
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

1 to post in ALL CAPS

2 to explain that this is considered shouting and impolite

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".
    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

50 people to argue over the environmental benefit of fluorescent bulbs versus incandescent bulbs

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and their own light bulbs.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

ME TOO

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    ME TOO
    Has this already been posted here once before . . . if so . . . how ironic!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

As one of the "lurkers" I'm bookmarking this to respond to in January 2009

Default and.............

1 Home Depot guy to tell you that they are CFL's compact fluorescent light bulbs.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Wink Do the math!

It takes 234 forum members to change a light bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    It takes 234 forum members to change a light bulb.
    235, I'll supervise the ordeal to make sure that there are no safety violations or health concerns to the workers...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.