vb:literal>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dead tb

Unhappy Slow, Very Slow

Ah, I think I have figured out the problem - the cacher is a slow, very slow reader.......posted was going to read it and pass along. Must have not finished it yet or be stuck on a chapter..........

This is definitely frustrating when they won't even be decent enough to respond to emails. Is there an alternative plan?

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    I have sent endless emails with no response at all
    yeah, that no response kinda thing is uncalled for when he's logged in between the time he picked it up and now, I can understand if they pick up a TB and disappear off the face of the earth (cuz who knows what could happen) and never logs after that (maybe they lost their pc or somethin, but they could at least make an effort to move the TB along, put it back maybe?)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Oh, poor, poor Hiram. . . . but I will admit this was pretty funny . . . at least picturing Hiram on a leash. By the way (in the fine tradition of derailing threads here at gcmaine) . . . how's Hiram and the Search for the Holy Grail . . . I mean Scrambler going?
    Well in my search for the almighty scrambler (in roadready conditions) is not going well, but i have found Jimmy Hoffa, the meaning of life, some video from way back that looks like it was from a parade down in texas... the fountain of youth, and an unchewed stick of bubble gum... but on the positive side, the longer it takes me to find somethin i want the more time i have to save $$$...

Talking Lawsuit Material

I have sent endless emails with no response at all
    Here's how I might phrase a letter: Dear Mr or Mrs. jtnewman Re:dave1976 vs.jtnewman et als My office has been retained to take whatever legal action may be necessary to recover from you a certain TB , aka as a "Travel Bug" among reputable cachers, said TB that you have wilfully, wantonly, maliciously, intentionally and unlawfully converted to your own use all in violation of United States Caching rule 46, Section IV, subpart 3(B). The rule states, inter alia (in part) that TB's kept for more than 14 days without written or e-mail contact with the lawful owner can result in an award of damages and country wide humiliation from other cachers. As a result of your wrongful act, my client has suffered extreme emotion distress, lost sleep, loss of sense of humor and has reported excessive DNF's lately all occasioned by your unfortunate decision to kidnap this TB. If the TB isn't placed in a new cache within 48 hours of receipt of this letter, we will commence suit against you without furthur notice. Additionally, I have this date authorized representatives of the Maine caching community to travel to your area and hunt you and the book down. You don't know who you're messing with. boy!!! I know Joe Bornstein and we mean BUSINESS!!!!!!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Here's how I might phrase a letter: Dear Mr or Mrs. jtnewman Re:dave1976 vs.jtnewman et als My office has been retained to take whatever legal action may be necessary to recover from you a certain TB , aka as a "Travel Bug" among reputable cachers, said TB that you have wilfully, wantonly, maliciously, intentionally and unlawfully converted to your own use all in violation of United States Caching rule 46, Section IV, subpart 3(B). The rule states, inter alia (in part) that TB's kept for more than 14 days without written or e-mail contact with the lawful owner can result in an award of damages and country wide humiliation from other cachers. As a result of your wrongful act, my client has suffered extreme emotion distress, lost sleep, loss of sense of humor and has reported excessive DNF's lately all occasioned by your unfortunate decision to kidnap this TB. If the TB isn't placed in a new cache within 48 hours of receipt of this letter, we will commence suit against you without furthur notice. Additionally, I have this date authorized representatives of the Maine caching community to travel to your area and hunt you and the book down. You don't know who you're messing with. boy!!! I know Joe Bornstein and we mean BUSINESS!!!!!!

Copied, pasted and sent

Thanks

Copied, pasted and sent

Thanks
    lol, did you realy send it?!?

Ya know, it's always been my belief that 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name, I think you just might be on the good side!

I love it DAN!!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Sheesh! Gotta love GeocachingMaine.org! You even get FREE legal services!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."