vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead tb

d’76 Guest

Angry Dead tb

Well, it was only a matter of time before one of my tb found its way into the hands of a newbie then was never put back into a cache. It really @*&&@@ me off when this happens. I was enjoying watching it go from cache to cache. I knew I was doomed when the newbie logged it and said "This is a great find since this is my first cache.

Here is the link

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=131311

If anyone knows any cachers in Mississippi that happen to know this newbie please pass on the word that the book wasnt free to the first newbie.

I have TB thats in Oklahoma, and a cacher has had it since 5/12/2007!! I emailed him last fall and again within the past week, asking him to please but the my TB back in a cache, but nothing!

Makes ya wanna scream and ^$@#&%&#%&&#%&#&$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Starzz; 01-15-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Well, it was only a matter of time before one of my tb found its way into the hands of a newbie then was never put back into a cache. It really @*&&@@ me off when this happens. I was enjoying watching it go from cache to cache. I knew I was doomed when the newbie logged it and said "This is a great find since this is my first cache.

Here is the link

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=131311

If anyone knows any cachers in Mississippi that happen to know this newbie please pass on the word that the book wasnt free to the first newbie.

so, just to clarify, you're upset about this going missing correct???

(and no, sorry, i don't have any connections in missippi)

(have you tried contacting the cacher??? I see they have only two finds, but have logged in back in december...)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    so, just to clarify, you're upset about this going missing correct???

(and no, sorry, i don't have any connections in missippi)

(have you tried contacting the cacher??? I see they have only two finds, but have logged in back in december...)

Duh, contact the cacher, why didnt I think of that. Of course I contacted the cacher. Several times even. Good thing Steph keeps a short leash on you.

I have one in the hands of a newbie also. Its only been there since November but maybe its time to check in. Usually, if worded right, I get a good response from cachers who had or have a had a tb of mine.
    Slowly but surely

Duh, contact the cacher, why didnt I think of that. Of course I contacted the cacher. Several times even. Good thing Steph keeps a short leash on you.
    Oh, poor, poor Hiram. . . . but I will admit this was pretty funny . . . at least picturing Hiram on a leash. By the way (in the fine tradition of derailing threads here at gcmaine) . . . how's Hiram and the Search for the Holy Grail . . . I mean Scrambler going?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Duh, contact the cacher, why didnt I think of that. Of course I contacted the cacher. Several times even.
    Did you actually "make contact" with this guy or just send emails and got no response?

If you got a response, what did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    I have one in the hands of a newbie also. Its only been there since November but maybe its time to check in. Usually, if worded right, I get a good response from cachers who had or have a had a tb of mine.
    Many cachers, us included, don't do much caching in the winter, so I don't usually get upset if a TB gets "held up" in the winter. Another problem we're experiencing is that so many of the new caches are micros or "small" caches, that it's hard to find a cache to put a TB in! LOL!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Did you actually "make contact" with this guy or just send emails and got no response?

If you got a response, what did he say?

I have sent endless emails with no response at all

I have sent endless emails with no response at all
    Sheesh! I hate guys like that! And I'd bet that if he had responded, he'd have told you he dropped the TB off in another cache...