vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate 2007 (Jan.27th Windsor School)

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    . . .

I'll probably be out sledding on Saturday . . . but I can put the bag of goodies in the garage. Heidi should be home all day . . . if you do stop by say hi to her . . . and then you'll see that she wasn't just an actor I paid for the day to pose as my "wife" when you guys camped over for the Commonground Fair.
    Steph . . . if you do come out and for some reason no one is here (unlikely) just walk into the garage through the side door (pay no attention to the security alarm warning sticker). The box of goodies is next to the entry door on the bench . . . you'll see a box of frisbees, some bouncy balls and a stuffed toy dalmatian.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Exclamation TB/coin list made

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Karen, what's left to do/get/prepare? I can help out after work on Friday and Saturday...
    I think you started another thread about what's left to get, but I can't find it...
    Hi Karen, I know you're out having fun and relaxing today before tomorrow's big event! (That's right everyone, she's prepared this year!) Just wanted to let you know I've made a great list of the TBs and Coins dropped and lots of blanks for those who bring them without dropping. I'll update it again in the morning before we head to Augusta. Can't wait!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Default I'd have to be really bored!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Steph . . . if you do come out and for some reason no one is here (unlikely) just walk into the garage through the side door (pay no attention to the security alarm warning sticker). The box of goodies is next to the entry door on the bench . . . you'll see a box of frisbees, some bouncy balls and a stuffed toy dalmatian.
    I doubt I'll make it today...gotta do laundry and Waterville errands...but if I get really bored I may be by. Is there enough snow for sledding??
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

d’76 Guest

i was wondering if might be agood idea to have a fellow cacher be at the table to keep eyes on the tbs as it seems all to often the y get lost or never logged out of the event then "lost" I remember this hapenning several times before and it is always unfortunate when it does. Folks seem to forget that these tbs and coins belong to someone

Just a thought

Default Yep, you are right.

I asked Stephanie if she would make the spread sheet for the TBs and Coins so that we can keep track of them. She also offered to check on the table and if someone doesn't sign them in or out, we'll make an announcement at pot luck time. I had a person contact me this year about a coin from Iraq that got dropped at my Celebrate 2006 event and it got lost from there. I felt so bad. I don't want that to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I had a person contact me this year about a coin from Iraq that got dropped at my Celebrate 2006 event and it got lost from there. I felt so bad. I don't want that to happen again.
    I hate to think that someone among us "regular" central Maine cachers is a thief, but coins go missing too often from events for it to be anything else...

Thumbs up i'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I asked Stephanie if she would make the spread sheet for the TBs and Coins so that we can keep track of them. She also offered to check on the table and if someone doesn't sign them in or out, we'll make an announcement at pot luck time. I had a person contact me this year about a coin from Iraq that got dropped at my Celebrate 2006 event and it got lost from there. I felt so bad. I don't want that to happen again.
    Yup I'll be there as people pour in around 2 and then I'll be sure to check up on the table regularly. If we find that some haven't been logged as dropped or some that have but haven't been logged as picked up, we'll announce them right before potluck time. Hopefully all will go well.

Thumbs up Great Event!

Thanks Karen for putting on a great event!!
    Thanks to everyone for being so friendly and helpful. I think my friends Beth and Nick (TerraAqito) will be back for more; keep your eyes pealed.
    Thanks Gob-ler and other techies for helping everyone out!
    Thanks for those who brought food; there wasn't one bad thing there!!
    Thanks for everyone who helped set up as you arrived!!
    Dubord, it was great to meet you guys, I really hope we get to chat more in the future! (Afternoons are not my best times; ask Beth, I'm a morning person)

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    I think my friends Beth and Nick (TerraAqito) will be back for more; keep your eyes pealed.
    They just joined geocachingmaine.org! LOL!

(Peeled)

Red face spelling is not my forte

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    (Peeled)
    Yeh!
    And that's why I have the Board review the newsletters...