vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate 2007 (Jan.27th Windsor School)

Smile Celebrate 2007 (Jan.27th Windsor School)

2:00 The school opens... meet and greet
    2:30 Kid's games in the gym (okay, big kids allowed too)
    3:00 Games geared towards adults in the cafeteria
    3:30 Kid's cache. Bring your outside gear!
    4:30 Potluck Supper in the cafeteria

Ongoing:
    - Computer/Technology table
    - Coin and Travel Bug table
    - Wall of fame... brag about those numbers and special events!
    - Craft table
    - Playground outside (kids need to be supervised)
    - Slide show (send me your favorite geocaching pictures)!

Please note: there is no outside footwear allowed in the gymnasium. We can go in our sock feet, but you may want to bring sneakers or something for your feet. The cafeteria is a boot friendly area.

What I need:
    Donations for the kids cache.
    Pictures for the slide show. You can e-mail them to me.
    Potluck... you might want to post what you are bringing, but not necessary.
    Crafty stuff
    Something for the wall of fame
    Computer/technology people to show off their goods.
    Good weather and lots of happy people!

Thanks everyone!

Question what's left

Karen, what's left to do/get/prepare? I can help out after work on Friday and Saturday...
    I think you started another thread about what's left to get, but I can't find it...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Default Help

At this point there's not much....

A donation for the kids cache. No prize over $5.00 please. My mind keeps changing about how to do this, but I think I'll have the kids pick a prize (youngest first) and then go find the number that matches the prize in the woods. The coordinates would be on individual prizes.

Food... It's pot luck. I don't have a clue who is bringing what.

TAT is bringing tablecloths and there are tons of plate, cups, bowls and plastic forks, knives, spoons and napkins left over from last year.

The banners are made.

Kids games in the gym will be easy. I'm the Phys. Ed. teacher and have the key to the best equipment in the world.

I'm still working on the Adult game. Will probably do the same kind as last year but will focus on the numbers. I don't do prizes for the adults, but if someone wants to donate... hey, why not?

Technology and knowledge... if you've got it. Bring it!

For those who were at my house before the event last year, you'll be glad to know I'm not such a nervous wreck.

Default More!

Extension cords and power surge bars.....

Glue guns ... kids had fun at the "make your own signature item" table.... anyone got glue and aphabet noodles? Just a thought....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    At this point there's not much....

A donation for the kids cache. No prize over $5.00 please. My mind keeps changing about how to do this, but I think I'll have the kids pick a prize (youngest first) and then go find the number that matches the prize in the woods. The coordinates would be on individual prizes.

Food... It's pot luck. I don't have a clue who is bringing what.

TAT is bringing tablecloths and there are tons of plate, cups, bowls and plastic forks, knives, spoons and napkins left over from last year.

The banners are made.

Kids games in the gym will be easy. I'm the Phys. Ed. teacher and have the key to the best equipment in the world.

I'm still working on the Adult game. Will probably do the same kind as last year but will focus on the numbers. I don't do prizes for the adults, but if someone wants to donate... hey, why not?

Technology and knowledge... if you've got it. Bring it!

For those who were at my house before the event last year, you'll be glad to know I'm not such a nervous wreck.
    As you probably know KK I don't do events, but in my line of work I tend to have access to "kid stuff" (i.e. frisbees, toys, etc.) . . . if you would like a donation and can convince someone who is going to attend the event to swing by between now and the event (say someone who lives in Waterville maybe and is familiar with where I live) I can donate some kid swag.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Smile Kid Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    As you probably know KK I don't do events, but in my line of work I tend to have access to "kid stuff" (i.e. frisbees, toys, etc.) . . . if you would like a donation and can convince someone who is going to attend the event to swing by between now and the event (say someone who lives in Waterville maybe and is familiar with where I live) I can donate some kid swag.
    Hi There, I'm going with Di. Don't have time to run out of Unity but if you want to drop the stuff off at my office tomorrow before 1:00, I can bring it for you. My office is at 226 Main in the Kennebec Saving Bank building. Suggest you call me first so I don't head out early to cache.(I'm looking to use the event as #200 and need 17 more between now and then). Cell # is557-5537, office is 872-2743.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Unhappy am I of any help I wonder! haha

Dubord: not sure, but I think FFJ is jabbing at Hiram and me, but thanks for offering to rondevue!

I'm not sure I can make it to Unity before the event...

FFJ: Hiram is staying home Saturday, finish cleaning out the plumbing. But if I come to Unity to hang out with friends Saturday, to advoid the bathroom smell, then I'll swing by.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Hi There, I'm going with Di. Don't have time to run out of Unity but if you want to drop the stuff off at my office tomorrow before 1:00, I can bring it for you. My office is at 226 Main in the Kennebec Saving Bank building. Suggest you call me first so I don't head out early to cache.(I'm looking to use the event as #200 and need 17 more between now and then). Cell # is557-5537, office is 872-2743.
    Thanks for the offer . . . and for letting me know where you work . . . at some point Heidi and I will be setting up an appointment to get our will and other papers in order.

However, I was referring to someone else . . . incidentally, if you head over to Unity there are at least a couple of easy caches that you can nab without much (or any) digging if you haven't nabbed them already . . . I'm thinking of Nially's Bear cache and my RFD cache.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Dubord: not sure, but I think FFJ is jabbing at Hiram and me, but thanks for offering to rondevue!

I'm not sure I can make it to Unity before the event...

FFJ: Hiram is staying home Saturday, finish cleaning out the plumbing. But if I come to Unity to hang out with friends Saturday, to advoid the bathroom smell, then I'll swing by.
    Oh, oh, oh . . . looks like it won't be Aaron sleeping on the couch for the next few days . . . for once it will be Steph . . . you're an awful and cruel person Steph to pick on poor, ol' Aaron . . . I mean what has he ever done or said about you?

You see a better way of saying what you wanted to say was to say something about the plumbing in Aaron's apartment being repaired and that the landlord was coming by to give the pipes a final cleaning.

In all truthfulness, I'm glad to hear the plumbing is OK . . . I was a bit concerned to tell the truth since the plumbing problems you guys were having can be a major issue in some cases . . . I should know I ended up having to unplug my septic system this morning when I realized I had an issue when the water in the shower wasn't going down . . . you should have seen it when I got the blockage out at the septic system unplugged -- it was like a brown Niagra Falls.

I'll probably be out sledding on Saturday . . . but I can put the bag of goodies in the garage. Heidi should be home all day . . . if you do stop by say hi to her . . . and then you'll see that she wasn't just an actor I paid for the day to pose as my "wife" when you guys camped over for the Commonground Fair.

Wink if only people knew

I'll probably be out sledding on Saturday . . . but I can put the bag of goodies in the garage. Heidi should be home all day . . . if you do stop by say hi to her . . . and then you'll see that she wasn't just an actor I paid for the day to pose as my "wife" when you guys camped over for the Commonground Fair.
    Sure if I come that way, I'll be sure to say hi to Heidi!
    Have a great weekend riding! even though you're not coming to the event dressed as a firefighter...