vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Celebrate 2007 (Jan.27th Windsor School)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    They just joined geocachingmaine.org! LOL!

(Peeled)
    Yeah, spelling is really not my forte...they are TerraAgito...it's a g not a q. Sorry
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Yeh!
    And that's why I have the Board review the newsletters...
    Sorry. Spelling has always been a pet peeve of mine. Don't know why, but I've been like this for decades! LOL!

d’76 Guest

Hiram,

You should have been there to keep Steph in check. I had to pull her aside and explain that her behaviors where adversly affecting the childern. Brings a new meaning to "when the cats(hiram) away to mice will act crazy.

Wink i can't get away with nothin!

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Hiram,

You should have been there to keep Steph in check. I had to pull her aside and explain that her behaviors where adversly affecting the childern. Brings a new meaning to "when the cats(hiram) away to mice will act crazy.

I know...jumping up on that chair was a bit much, you think? tehehe
    I suppose you sent him a PM with the particulars of my behavior?? haha
    It was really great to see you and Connie both!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Hiram,

You say that like this is something new... I'm suprised she even came home...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Red face

Re: Missing coins/TB's...

I was hesitent in bringing a 2005 Compass Rose coin that I had found in a cache to any geoevent. That's a very "sought after" coin and, sure enough, before the event was half-way done it went missing without being signed for. I sure hope that was an unintentional oversight and that it gets back into circulation again. I'm trying to be optimistic here......

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    Re: Missing coins/TB's...

I was hesitent in bringing a 2005 Compass Rose coin that I had found in a cache to any geoevent. That's a very "sought after" coin and, sure enough, before the event was half-way done it went missing without being signed for. I sure hope that was an unintentional oversight and that it gets back into circulation again. I'm trying to be optimistic here......
    This is always a problem with any event hosted. I have this problem with every event I have hosted in the past. Unless you have someone sitting at the TB table all day it is bound to happen.

I think my next event I am going to post it saying TB's are not part of the event.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    This is always a problem with any event hosted. I have this problem with every event I have hosted in the past. Unless you have someone sitting at the TB table all day it is bound to happen.

I think my next event I am going to post it saying TB's are not part of the event.
    Oh great, now I'll have to stand out in the street and play with all the trackables.

I brought a coin with a specific mission to the event and found someone to take it towards its goal, so I know who got it. Just wanted to make sure it would get moving.

Trackables are a passion for me now. They were one of the biggest learning curves for me in the beginning. It is thanks to kaykerinme and later others who helped me learn what to do and created a monster who loves coins and trackables.

That being said, I think a lot of new folks do not even realize how important these trackables are to folks who own them. Also, some do not realize they need to do more than pick it up in their hand - that there is a logging procedure along the way. And then, as I have found in many cases - they get stuck in a pocket, bag or pack. I, as on oldster, have even been guilty of this - right Cache Maine? What did I do with that?

With all the experienced cachers at this event and newbies too - I am not pointing out anything except - it is very hard at events to keep a hand on trackables. Hence the reason GW5 did no tracking.

I don't know which is worse - trackables which were logged in and not out and no one was watching or keeping a record. At an event where someone like Steph - tried so very hard to keep a hand on what was coming or going it is very disappointing to have them missing. Of course she wanted to enjoy the event and left the table - any one would want to. Perhaps it is just not logged yet - and will appear.

Sudinum had the right idea for his. Some trackables ask not to go to events - and when asked should be respected. And Rick - how would the apple TB have come last year with not Trackables (just kidding - of course I would have brought it)?

When I release a TB or coin I hope for the best - knowing it may go MIA. And that can happen with a muggled cache too- it's not always events.

JMHO (Just my humble opinion).