vb:literal>

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Chats

Cool it's all good

We did have several people join us, and had a funny incident where brdad turned over his moderator powers to the rest of the group and then lost his! Then he got them back and gave them to me and then I took over as only moderator
    It was quite funny! Hriam wasn't on the chat, but he was here, rolling his eyes...
    ps nothing productive was discussed
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Exclamation it's wednesday!

Monday we had nearly 10 people in the chat! What fun!
    Today: just me?!?!
    Where are you?
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Kind of funny, when I first joined I came in on a chat on Wednesday night and was reminded by someone in the room that MONDAY was for newbies. Yet now, all the regulars talk on Monday instead of Wednesday.

Default The truth is...

We kinda talk any night now. Mondays, Wednesdays, whatever.
    Happy Trails!

Arrow rules of chats are like rules of geocaching...

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Kind of funny, when I first joined I came in on a chat on Wednesday night and was reminded by someone in the room that MONDAY was for newbies. Yet now, all the regulars talk on Monday instead of Wednesday.
    ...you never know what's really going to happen!
    Sorry someone was rude to you! Maybe they thought you were having trouble following the chat and thought Monday would be better. To be honest, we get one or two newbies a chat, Monday or Wednesday. I think it's good that some oldies chat Mondays, otherwise the chat room could be really lonely for the newbie(s). I welcome newbies to any chats. Whether we're newbies or oldies I think we have some of the same issues that we can talk over in the chats regarding geocaching, but for the most part, the chats are all fun and games. Just do what works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    ...when I first joined I came in on a chat on Wednesday night and was reminded by someone in the room that MONDAY was for newbies...
    Everyday is for Newbies!! We try to always have some experienced members to help answer questions on Monday. I hope we didn't make anyone feel unwelcome at any time.

In fact, the chat is available at anytime for people to use.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    In fact, the chat is available at anytime for people to use.
    Some of my best conversations in chat are on non-scheduled chat days! Of course I am all alone, but everyone there agrees with me then.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I tried to get in on the chat but it keeps reading Can Not Connect. Is there something I have to download to get the connection, or is haveing dial up the problem?
    Thanx
    Opalsns

I had problems often in the past but the last few times everything was all right. Usually if it didn't work the first time, it wouldn't let me in the whole night no matter how many times I tried. There is someone here on the list that will probably post about a better program to try to get on with as they told me and then another person. Unfortunately, right now I can't remember what that program is. You know how that is when you can visualize it but it doesn't come to you? Have you tried it any other times other than the scheduled chat to see if it works?

Default I use Chatzilla.

It is an add on you can get through Firefox browser. I have had good luck with it so far.
    Happy Trails!