vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ground Chicken Jerky Recipe?

Default Ground Chicken Jerky Recipe?

Does anyone have a ground chicken jerky recipe??? Got a bunch of it on sale today, and was going to see if I could make jerky out of some of it. Thanks!

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Starzz View Post
    Does anyone have a ground chicken jerky recipe??? Got a bunch of it on sale today, and was going to see if I could make jerky out of some of it. Thanks!
    Sue, that sounds GROSS! Why don't you just freeze it and use it as needed for burgers or a low-cal version of Tourtierre?

I'm sure this would be a good one to substitute ground chicken for....http://homecooking.about.com/od/beef...r/blbeef93.htm
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I use ground chicken and ground turkey for loaf - like meat loaf. There are many ways you can create this into a yummie meal. Freeze it and then you can thaw and create loaf...with chopped onions, celery, garlic, bread crumbs (or I use stuffing mix) and a few other ingredients. You may cook in an actual loaf but I like to cook in large or jumbo muffin tins which results in individual servings.

Sue - if that sound like something you want for a recipe - PM me. Also - do an on line google search for your recipes too. I have found some yummie recipes on line using this techinique.

I love to find "On Sale" meat and always pop it into my freezer for a creation of delight at a later date. Tonight was bratwurst (sale meat frozen), kraut (mark down cart at market), fried onions/peppers (left overs from prep which had been frozen), honey mustard (another mark down cart purchase) with sweet potatoe cubes prepped fried and finished under the broiler (oh, those potatoes, I bought on sale price last week).

Creative cooking is loads of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I'm sure this would be a good one to substitute ground chicken for....http://homecooking.about.com/od/beef...r/blbeef93.htm
    Nice call Haffy - I would agree but might adjust the spices. Just my suggestion on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Nice call Haffy - I would agree but might adjust the spices. Just my suggestion on that one.
    But it still sounds NASTY!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I love to find "On Sale" meat and always pop it into my freezer for a creation of delight at a later date. Tonight was bratwurst (sale meat frozen), kraut (mark down cart at market), fried onions/peppers (left overs from prep which had been frozen), honey mustard (another mark down cart purchase) with sweet potatoe cubes prepped fried and finished under the broiler (oh, those potatoes, I bought on sale price last week).
    Um... have you ever been to Caswell's? Lots and lots of bargains there - but you have to know your products watch what you're getting. Caswell's is in Waterville and Lewiston, and maybe somewhere else.

Sheesh! I'm such a well-known customer there, I might place a cache on the "miscellaneous" counter for the WWWWWW event! LOL!

d’76 Guest

I use this website for almost all recipes and love it

www.allrecipes.com

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Um... have you ever been to Caswell's? Lots and lots of bargains there - but you have to know your products watch what you're getting. Caswell's is in Waterville and Lewiston, and maybe somewhere else.

Sheesh! I'm such a well-known customer there, I might place a cache on the "miscellaneous" counter for the WWWWWW event! LOL!
    heh, last time i went there they had a sale on beef... but it looked like the other white meat...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Oh yeah - love Caswell's and also Ocean State Job Lots in Belfast for spices and coffee!