vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MainePublisher - A New Geocache Reviewer for Maine

Smile MainePublisher - A New Geocache Reviewer for Maine

As some of you know, I have been reviewing geocache page submissions since March of 2002 and when we transitioned from at-large to designated area reviewing, I became your designated reviewer. Since then the sport of geocaching has grown at a very favorable rate, and the time has come for me to transition some of my workload.

Maine is blessed with many great, well respected geocachers, and this has made selecting a new reviewer for you both easy and difficult. After due diligence I have made a choice and Groundspeak has added their approval. The new reviewer's account name is MainePublisher. When he has time to go out caching, you will recognize him by another name - TAT.

MainePublisher and I will be going through a transition process over the next few weeks, and we will be backing each other up from time to time.

Faye (my wife) and I will still be visiting the area from time to time to help support the lobstering industry and play tourist. We hope to make it to some events to renew acquaintances.

I have enjoyed excellent support from the Maine geocaching community, for which I thank you. I'm sure you will extend the same support to your new reviewer.

Thank you for your support.

-Brad

d’76 Guest

Brad, we hate to see you go. You have done all of us a great service both through publishing our caches to answering our questions and being there for help in sticky situations. Many thanks for all your help through the years.

In my opinion, you couldnt have selected a better guy to fill your shoes. I have never met a guy with more of a passion for the outdoors then him. I look forward to Tom approving many great caches in Maine.

Thanks

I echo Dave1975's comments.

Thanks for a great job, Brad. And a great choice for a replacement!

I too want to extend many thanks to Brad for being the great reviewer that you have been over the years and hope you continue to do what you do best. I can't imagine the workload that goes into the review process especially all the states that you have been taking care of all these years. But guess what, I don't lose Brad cause he is the reviewer down here in South Carolina now..... And hopefully soon I will have him reviewing my first SC cache.

I know Tom will make a great reviewer and wish him the best of luck as well!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I want to thank Brad and Groundspeak for the opportunity to serve the Geocaching community in Maine. I can only hope to to live up to the standard of excellence. I chose the name MainePublisher because I want to publish caches. It is important to note that publishing caches requires interpreting standards. Those interpretations can vary from reviewer to reviewer.

Some are loose in their approach, and others, more strict. Groundspeak hopes that all reviewers and cachers quickly align their goals and philosophies. Creating an atmosphere of togetherness is an important part of the process. Brad has been very successful in doing just exactly this.

I believe the reviewer should put the cacher's mind at ease with the review process. Make the publishing process an enjoyable experience and the appreciation of the guidelines will increase.

Again, thanks to GPSFun for putting "Fun" into Geocaching in Maine.

i want to thank you, brad, for all your help on my caches. (i remember the first one i tried - you told me you couldn't publish it because it was 400 miles off nantucket.) so i transposed a few numbers!

i'm glad you and your wife will be visiting maine, especially to support the lobster industry - LOL! if you come to stonington, i will give you a tour of the lobster hatchery (part of the organization i work for) and you can see the early stages of a lobster's life.

i also want to congratulate you, tat, for taking on the challenge of publishing caches here in maine. i know you will be fair and just; i look forward to working with you.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Talking For all you have done

Thank you Brad.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Congrats to MainePublisher

On your first published cache.

A Frost Poem
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Talking Oh Lord....

There will be no living with Tom now!

I know you'll do a fine job.
    Happy Trails!

Thumbs up Happy Semi-Retirement GPSFun - Congrats MainePublisher

Every journey has an end or a twist in the trail.

We will miss our old friend Brad as a reviewer but will enjoy an occasional visit from he and Faye when they come to be tourists. How delightful to continue to enjoy each other as the journey doesn't end but just takes that twist. Look forward to seeing you at an event when the weather is warmer!

In addition, it will be a new adventure to watch TAT emerge as the MainePublisher. TAT has certainly broken down barriers, walked the walk and talked the talk. I am looking forward to continuing the journey as TAT follows a new twist in the trail. We all know TAT's reputation...... Just kidding! Looking forward to your always sage guidance. Congrats!