vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aefuss a fellow Maine geocacher

Default Aefuss a fellow Maine geocacher

I hate to be the barer of bad news but a fellow Maine geocacher passed away yesterday. He was a member of our web site. He never posted in the forums. I do not know if any of you ever got to meet him. I personally never did. He lived in the area where Starzz is from. The person I am referring to is Aefuss. Starzz was the one that informed me about this and I felt that I should bring it to everyone’s attention a=in case one oyu you might now him.

Here are to articles about this.
    http://www.wabi.tv/index.php?cat_id=...Focus=news4006
    and
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=79105
    Blazing Troll

Wow . . . heard this on the news during the day . . . a sad thing to happen to anyone, but even sadder when this happens to a fellow geocacher.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I've never met the guy, but wanted to. We exchanged several emails over the years, and he helped distribute the Jeeps in Eastern Maine a few times. He had a nice cache too, Nash's Lake Dam (GCK56W) by Aefuss (2/3)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

i never met aefuss, but have two of his eartha marbles. i enjoyed seeing the marbles in various caches.

very sad.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Once again a senseless death . . . well deaths actually. Like Brdad and many others I also never met Aefuss although I did stumble across more than a few of his logs as I have cached downeast . . . while you can't truly know a person based on logs and pics alone you can get an idea of the type of person he was by looking through his logs and gallery at gc.com . . . truly a loss for downeast Maine and for all of us. My thoughts and prayers are with the survivors.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I never met him either, but recognize the name from logs. My thoughts are prayers go out to his family and survivors.

Before opening GCM, I usually read email. Had one this morning from Channon of parmachenee. She mentioned the fellow was a cacher.

It is a shame - such senseless loss of life. I will keep his family and the other family who lost a member in my throughts and prayers.

I remember seeing his logs when I started caching in '03. Never met him, but often read his logs. What a loss.

This is so tragic....and my thoughts are with the family and the children.

I'm curious if GC.com has been notified of this. I know when Landrocket died there was some news about that on the GC forums. Maybe Attroll or someone from the Maine Forum board might want to email Jeremy. Or would that be inappropriate?
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

d’76 Guest

I just dropped Jeremy a quick note and a link to the article in the BDN