vb:literal>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aefuss a fellow Maine geocacher

I will post it in the national forums
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Such a tragic loss and my prayers will go out to the families involved. I never got to meet him either but have one of his infamous marbles that I found in a cache at one time.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Unhappy a real shame

It is really sad news. I didn't meet him either, had one of his marbles once, sorry I traded it in another cache. What happens when a cacher dies, is there a time period when others can adopt their caches? It'd be nice to keep his memory alive with his cache hides.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    It is really sad news. I didn't meet him either, had one of his marbles once, sorry I traded it in another cache. What happens when a cacher dies, is there a time period when others can adopt their caches? It'd be nice to keep his memory alive with his cache hides.
    Aefuss has one cache hide off the Stud Mill Road. Hopefully, someone may adopt it. I have never found it so right now don't stand in a position to even think about doing so.

Never found one of his marbles or met him. My loss clearly. Looks from his profile like he enjoyed caching with a person from St. John NB, too, as well as many from his area. Truly, truly a loss.

I have talked with KachingKaren and asked if a few words might be said at her event on Sunday. She is going to try to reach Gob-ler and otherwise, I will try to do justice to helping memorialize someone who shared this special sport with us.

The photo on TV tonight was his profile photo from this site. I just can't believe someone who loved life had thier life snuffed out like this. To me - it is purely domestic violence! Regardless of the why - it involved relationships and other things which resulted in the death of human beings! Inexcusable!

Purple ribbons - wear them for domestic violence! It is there - it can many times be a silent killer and you never know who the victims may be and what their relationships really are.........pray for them all!

JMHO (Just my Humble Opinion).

d’76 Guest

here is the only cache of his that i could find

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-2cab3ffaab9c

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    here is the only cache of his that i could find

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-2cab3ffaab9c
    I do stand corrected, thank you Dave - that one is not off Stud Mill Rd. I was thinking of a cacne where he deposited a Geocoin belonging to my daughter this summer. Sorry for the confusion.

Sure hope someone will adopt the cache - it obviously mean a lot to him, this spot, so hopefully someone will be willing to continue the memory.

His cache was what caching is all about, taking you somewhere you might not go otherwise. You can drive close if the dirt roads are good. Great spot, one of my favorite caches. Hopefully if someone immediate to him doesn't maintain it someone will adopt it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Geocaching is definitely a special kind of sport. One that helps me to see how all of us are connected, even to those we have never met.

My condolences to those who knew Aefuss personally. . . I know that nothing really helps at a time like this.

I can see from the logs that there were several geocachers with which he was very close; and I am sure that all fellow geocachers will respect whatever wishes family and other loved ones may have for active caches and travelbugs, as well as memorials or remembrances. You have but to ask.

- Zol

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post

Never found one of his marbles or met him. My loss clearly. Looks from his profile like he enjoyed caching with a person from St. John NB, too, as well as many from his area. Truly, truly a loss.

I have talked with KachingKaren and asked if a few words might be said at her event on Sunday. She is going to try to reach Gob-ler and otherwise, I will try to do justice to helping memorialize someone who shared this special sport with us.
    I have one of his eartha marbles that he dropped in a geocache and would be pleased to bring it on Sunday to help to memorialize this great cacher. I will hold it in my hand during the event, so please come to me and ask to see it. As you take the marble in your hand, think about Aaron and his life here on this Earth, and also his contribution to our community. Your tribute to him can be unspoken or maybe we can have a special place for thoughts. After the event, we will find a special way to pay our respects and send tribute by releasing this marble.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I have one of his eartha marbles that he dropped in a geocache and would be pleased to bring it on Sunday to help to memorialize this great cacher. I will hold it in my hand during the event, so please come to me and ask to see it. As you take the marble in your hand, think about Aaron and his life here on this Earth, and also his contribution to our community. Your tribute to him can be unspoken or maybe we can have a special place for thoughts. After the event, we will find a special way to pay our respects and send tribute by releasing this marble.
    Thanks CM