vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cache damage update

Default Cache damage update

As some of you know, there is a group damaging caches in the Augusta area called THETEAM. I posted something on the Groundspeak New England section that explains it (it was shut down for an understandable reason). There also is a related thread I began on the Groundspeak discussion group about cache damage that has gone on for several days and provides ample links showing their culpability. I am hoping that TPTB will shut them down soon.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for logs on your caches from these people. It usually means bad news to your cache, really bad news. Also, I would recommend against placing any travel bugs in caches within 50 miles of Augusta since one of their hobbies is to take bugs out of the system for good.

I sent information to Hydee (our local approver) and she responded to me that the police may be called, and that she would try to get them off soon.

If you go to any of the sites documenting their deeds (they belong to a site called deviant art), you will see that these 18-21 year olds are hollow, unhappy people. A real commentary on the sad state of parenting and youth.

I just did some back tracking and it seems that every time they have found a cache the following finder has something to say in regards to it being damaged or destroyed or being wet or something to that nature. I did notice too that what they leave is always a surprise. Too bad people have to be this way and spoil it for everyone else. I hope the police do catch up with these people and are able to do something about this. Let's hope they are caught soon. Sorry for your cache loss,it was a good one too. Haffy6

Angry Oh no.

Boy this sucks! This is the first I've heard of any of this malocious distructive non-sense happening in Maine. Sorry your caches were destroyed.

Will the police really do anything about this? I sure hope they do! But I'm not 100% clear on what they can charge them with?

And I thought by being in Maine we were going to be immune to this horse-hockey.

Another update. THETEAM seems to be feeling a bit of pressure. Three TBs that they have had for months were all of a sudden logged today. What a coincidence! I would hope that GC.com sees through this attempt to "play by the rules" and boots them. I think that they went way too far (urinating in caches, burning caches) to be allowed to stay.

Just curious but where were they logged?

They acknowledged having them.

Default THETEAM is banned

According to their profile, GC has banned the team. Hopefully, that saga is over.

One last thing. I noticed that their cache is still active. Considering that they created it to steal TBs unwittingly left there, I wonder why GC didn't archive it. I posted a note on Groundspeak asking for advice. At the least, someone should post a note warning people of the situation. I would assume that THETEAM couldn't remove the note since they are banned. Comments?

A lot of times They don't like to archive if they beleive it will leave geolitter there. If it is indeed still there, I think it would be nice if someone could return it to the cache most of the items were stolen from to originally make the cache - "A Just Dessert"

I'd be willing to return to the cache if someone has a 45 they could lend me for protection in case THETEAM showed up.