Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65

Thread: 2008 Maine Pirate Quest

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    PM sent via a parrot to tha' landlubba'

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    If de parrot from de auction last year ain't dead yet, Hiram's got a black crow! arg!
    youre not givin away my crow!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    753

    Wink don't get looted!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    youre not givin away my crow!
    but ye bird looks so juicey!!! arg!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    753

    Red face careful what you post

    Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    but ye bird looks so juicey!!! arg!
    My last post looks really scarey now, because of my avatar...
    For the record, I don't eat baby loons!!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    My last post looks really scarey now, because of my avatar...
    For the record, I don't eat baby loons!!!
    That's not true . . . the last time we got together at the Unity House of Pizza I swear I heard Medawisla ask the folks at the counter if she could have a loon pizza . . . I'm pretty sure Hiram would back me up on this one.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    youre not givin away my crow!
    If you're like me I often end up eating crow when I get into debates with my wife. . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Firefighterjake's translation for the pirate-speaking impaired.
    -------------------------------

    Greetings and salutations to our loyal geocachingmaine.org members.

    Cachemaine and Hollora are in the initial stages of preparing for their upcoming Pirate Quest Event to be held here in Maine. They have some small gifts of goodwill to give out at this event. They fully expect geocachers who come to this 2nd Annual Event to have a fantastic time as they share in the comraderie of geocachers from all over Maine. They expect to see both geocachers who did not attend this event last year as well as geocachers who were able to make it to last year's event, but they do not expect to see Firefighterjake since they realize he does not generally make it out to geocaching events.

    They are soliciting help . . . specifically asking for various trinkets which might be given out at this event. Geocachers planning on attending this event should realize that they are being asked to bring various foodstuffs, but it appears as though non-alcoholic beverages will be provided by the hosts due to the fact that children . . . and Hiram . . . will most likely be at this event and as you are well aware there are some things that are bad to combine such as oil and water, bleach and ammonia, Hiram and beer.

    Cachemaine and Hollora are requesting that geocachers who are willing to donate any items contact them before the event since they would like to pack these donated items before the geocachers arrive to this gala event. If you are willing to donate anything, please contact them at ralphh@maine.edu. Any donation is appreciated, even inexpensive items . . . but if for some reason you have a small yacht that you would like to donate for this or future events please feel free to contact them as well.


    Thank you to all who are considering a donation to this event . . . in the meantime they would advise you to not walk around downtown Bangor with an oar over your shoulder less you risk being Blue Papered or to go swimming in the Penobscot River since it is quite frigid . . . although to be truthful swimming in the Penobscot near Bangor is probably unwise anytime of the year.

    Cachemate and Hollora



    Hope this helps.


    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Firefighterjake's translation for the pirate-speaking impaired.
    -------------------------------

    Greetings and salutations to our loyal geocachingmaine.org members.

    Cachemaine and Hollora are in the initial stages of preparing for their upcoming Pirate Quest Event to be held here in Maine. They have some small gifts of goodwill to give out at this event. They fully expect geocachers who come to this 2nd Annual Event to have a fantastic time as they share in the comraderie of geocachers from all over Maine. They expect to see both geocachers who did not attend this event last year as well as geocachers who were able to make it to last year's event, but they do not expect to see Firefighterjake since they realize he does not generally make it out to geocaching events.

    They are soliciting help . . . specifically asking for various trinkets which might be given out at this event. Geocachers planning on attending this event should realize that they are being asked to bring various foodstuffs, but it appears as though non-alcoholic beverages will be provided by the hosts due to the fact that children . . . and Hiram . . . will most likely be at this event and as you are well aware there are some things that are bad to combine such as oil and water, bleach and ammonia, Hiram and beer.

    Cachemaine and Hollora are requesting that geocachers who are willing to donate any items contact them before the event since they would like to pack these donated items before the geocachers arrive to this gala event. If you are willing to donate anything, please contact them at ralphh@maine.edu. Any donation is appreciated, even inexpensive items . . . but if for some reason you have a small yacht that you would like to donate for this or future events please feel free to contact them as well.


    Thank you to all who are considering a donation to this event . . . in the meantime they would advise you to not walk around downtown Bangor with an oar over your shoulder less you risk being Blue Papered or to go swimming in the Penobscot River since it is quite frigid . . . although to be truthful swimming in the Penobscot near Bangor is probably unwise anytime of the year.

    Cachemate and Hollora



    Hope this helps.

    Nice arg translation, there jake arg!

    All your arg base our belong to arg us!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  9. #19
    dí76 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    My last post looks really scarey now, because of my avatar...
    For the record, I don't eat baby loons!!!
    Dont sweat it Step, Baby loon is not as good a baby redtailed hawk but is much better then baby eagle.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Dont sweat it Step, Baby loon is not as good a baby redtailed hawk but is much better then baby eagle.
    I agree, loons are pretty greasy, but giant pandas do have a lot of meat on them... or if ya want somethin to last a while humpback whales have a lot of fryin materials...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •