vb:literal>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Maine Pirate Quest

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I agree, loons are pretty greasy, but giant pandas do have a lot of meat on them... or if ya want somethin to last a while humpback whales have a lot of fryin materials...

Depends on how you cook them. I perfer on the grill with a lemon twist.

On a serious note. I caught a loon one time fishing live bait off the bottom out to Chemo Pond. It was a great fight. I wanted to have it mounted but the ex wife made me let it go.

Smile save the loons!

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Depends on how you cook them. I perfer on the grill with a lemon twist.

On a serious note. I caught a loon one time fishing live bait off the bottom out to Chemo Pond. It was a great fight. I wanted to have it mounted but the ex wife made me let it go.
    Wow, that's pretty amazing!
    It reminds me that we should use lead sinkers, because the loons eat them and then die.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Wow, that's pretty amazing!
    It reminds me that we should use lead sinkers, because the loons eat them and then die.

We should use them???

I will go to wally world tomorrow and replace the tin ones with lead. Thanks Steph. I thought I had it all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    We should use them???

I will go to wally world tomorrow and replace the tin ones with lead. Thanks Steph. I thought I had it all wrong
    Oh don't be a poo head...I meant should NOT! sigh
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Now back to what this thread is really about....

We need stuff for the Pirate Auction....only YOU can help us make this the best Pirate auction ever!!!

Talking MMMMM Baby Loon

Let's see if we can find a place that serves Baby Loon Omelet of the day!! Made with Dodo eggs of course!!
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Let's see if we can find a place that serves Baby Loon Omelet of the day!! Made with Dodo eggs of course!!
    BRAD!! ON TOPIC DARNIT!!! ARG PIRATE STUFF ARG!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Thank you to Team Richards and kacky who were both able to successfully translate Pirate language. We appreciate your positive response!

Looking forward to seeing many folks there. Questions about the event - please PM either hollora or Cache Maine.

Thumbs up arg!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Thank you to Team Richards and kacky who were both able to successfully translate Pirate language. We appreciate your positive response!

Looking forward to seeing many folks there. Questions about the event - please PM either hollora or Cache Maine.
    I also liked FFJ's translation!
    I hope we'll be able to help out, but we won't be able to get much until March, we'll keep you posted!

Just make a delicious pot luck dish and hope to win the Galley contest - it's by popular vote and you can run around soliciting votes too. Or maybe a costume would be fun for you, too.

If ya' can't put in the load for the booty - it be ok - just come join the crew and have a wonderful time. We want ya' all to hav' a good ole' time!