vb:literal>

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: RE: Carribean vacation

I really liked Barbados . . . maybe because there are monkeys on this island.

Here's a shot or two of Bathsheba . . . a place known for its legendary surf.

And some monkey pics.

This is the caged vervet monkey that my wife made friends with . . . the one that made the smacking sound with his jaws, would rub his belly as if hungry and then hold out his hand for a snack presumably . . .

At the Barbados Wildlife Refuge there is a troop of vervet (green) monkeys that have become conditioned to stop by around 2 p.m. for a free feeding . . . these monkeys are allowed to come and go as they please, but the opportunity for a free and easy meal is pretty tempting. On the day we were here the monkeys began coming in a little bit before 2 p.m. One brave monkey even managed to get away with an entire bunch of green bananas . . . other monkeys would be munching away on the fruit and vegetables while sitting atop the large tortoises . . . which were also munching on the vegetables.

The Barbados Wildlife Refuge also had a bazillion tortoises "roaming" free -- I just liked the look of this fella . . . he has that "don't mess with me" look.

And here's a fella that proves that beauty is only skin deep . . . I'm not much for creepy crawly things, but I kind of found him cute . . . in a pug dogs are also cute sort of way.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Antigua as mentioned was a beach day . . . and a geocaching day . . . well I did get one geocache on this day. This beach was also a fantastic beach for swimming and pics and to avoid the crowds.

Fort James Beach . . . and Fort James where one can find the Fort James Cache

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post

Sheesh! What a fantastic idea for a cache hide!

In the zoo!