I really liked Barbados . . . maybe because there are monkeys on this island.

Here's a shot or two of Bathsheba . . . a place known for its legendary surf.

And some monkey pics.

This is the caged vervet monkey that my wife made friends with . . . the one that made the smacking sound with his jaws, would rub his belly as if hungry and then hold out his hand for a snack presumably . . .

At the Barbados Wildlife Refuge there is a troop of vervet (green) monkeys that have become conditioned to stop by around 2 p.m. for a free feeding . . . these monkeys are allowed to come and go as they please, but the opportunity for a free and easy meal is pretty tempting. On the day we were here the monkeys began coming in a little bit before 2 p.m. One brave monkey even managed to get away with an entire bunch of green bananas . . . other monkeys would be munching away on the fruit and vegetables while sitting atop the large tortoises . . . which were also munching on the vegetables.

The Barbados Wildlife Refuge also had a bazillion tortoises "roaming" free -- I just liked the look of this fella . . . he has that "don't mess with me" look.

And here's a fella that proves that beauty is only skin deep . . . I'm not much for creepy crawly things, but I kind of found him cute . . . in a pug dogs are also cute sort of way.