vb:literal>

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: RE: Carribean vacation

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Funny you said that - as you know - I love cruising! Have often though what a fun event a cruise would be???.........sort of like a Kayak Event or a Warren Island Campout..........only on a much larger, upper scale type of traveling.

My son and d-i-l enjoyed caching when they did their Anniversary Trip to Hawaii. In Hawaii, however, they were not impressed with the quality of caches but the sites were ok from what I understand - just a lack of maintenance.

FFJ - so happy you and Heidi (yes, I know she is real!) had a nice vacation! Here's to many more.
    You know with all the theme cruises they have (i.e. Soap Opera cruises, Battlestar Gallactica cruises, gay/lesbian cruises, Star Trek cruises, scrapbookers cruises, etc.) I really am surprised that there hasn't been a geocaching theme cruise . . . although can you imagine 3,000 or so passengers mobbing an island that has only two caches!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive. I'll try posting a pic or two later on today . . . last night I took an hour out to sort through all the pics I took. The funny thing is everytime I took a pic of the ocean I kept thinking of Haffy and his "issues" with pics with horizons that are crooked and not perfectly level -- I tried Haffy, I really tried to get level horizons -- couldn't get all of them level though.
    My only problem with horizons that aren't level is all the water tends to run to one side of the picture.

Cool Now THAT would be cool

You know with all the theme cruises they have (i.e. Soap Opera cruises, Battlestar Gallactica cruises, gay/lesbian cruises, Star Trek cruises, scrapbookers cruises, etc.) I really am surprised that there hasn't been a geocaching theme cruise . . . although can you imagine 3,000 or so passengers mobbing an island that has only two caches!
    It would be like a crazy flash mob event.
    Happy Trails!

Ask and ye shall receive. I'll try posting a pic or two later on today . . . last night I took an hour out to sort through all the pics I took. The funny thing is everytime I took a pic of the ocean I kept thinking of Haffy and his "issues" with pics with horizons that are crooked and not perfectly level -- I tried Haffy, I really tried to get level horizons -- couldn't get all of them level though.
    If you want I'll fix em for yah....lol. Looking forward to seeing them.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I know there is a letterboxing one....they have done it for several years.

I think a geocaching one would be great! Do we have any travel agents here?

Can you imagine packing coin collections to be discovered, cache dashes at ports and all that stuff. We could even have a workshop on creating great camoed caches.........Wow! Oh, the possiblities.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Can you imagine packing coin collections to be discovered, cache dashes at ports and all that stuff. We could even have a workshop on creating great camoed caches.........Wow! Oh, the possiblities.
    Hmmm . . . sounds like something a real woman of the high seas could plan . . .

I actually did a search at CruiseCritic.com . . . a BBS for cruisers which I found very, very useful and believe it or not the only hit for "geocaching" was a single thread from a few years back. I was rather surprised to tell the truth.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

I'm going to start putting up some pics to share with you folks since some of you asked about them.

Kind of puts my "future home" views to shame . . .

The streets of Old San Juan . . . very narrow, blue-bricks from the Spanish ship's ballasts and very, very old-world looking.

El Morro Fortress . . . a must-see attraction in Old San Juan

A sentry post at El Morro.

When Kites Attack . . .

Here's a shot from Honeymoon Beach on Water Island . . . it wasn't a deserted island beach, but it was plenty quiet enough for me . . . and it was a great way to kick off our vacation. This was the type of beach I was looking for -- that unbelievably blue color, warm and with some fish for me to torment . . . I mean check out. I really, really enjoyed swimming and snorkeling here.

A couple shots from Dominica . . . I've got lots and lots of pics, but I'm trying to just give folks a sense of what I saw and where I visited . . . I don't want to take up too much memory with all the pics . . . which reminds me . . . Rick if you would like to delete these photos in a few days, feel free if you need the memory back.

Sulphur Springs on Dominica near Trafalgar Falls

Trafalgar Falls . . . two waterfalls come together here . . . one has warm water, the other cold . . . honestly the picture here and others I took do not do this place justice.