vb:literal>

Thread: Baby Loon el dante'

d’76 Guest

Default Baby Loon el dante'

Here we can post loon recipes that we have come to try and love.

I prefer mine wrapped in a thin slice of ham with dijion mustard.

This one works to:

PLANKED LOON (special request) Contributed by ^Sammy
    Catch a Loon Duck. (Black Lake Loon’s are best). Pluck and clean. Boil well. With sharp knife, split duck down the belly. Splay it on a well soaked hardwood plank. Nail it good and wire it securely. Place upright on plank in front of hot coals on outdoor fireplace. Cook well for about two hours. When done, throw that fishy duck away, and eat the plank!!!

Here is the web site it came from
    http://www.native-american-online.or...PLANKED%20LOON

Default baby loon

Dave, although the planked loon sounds really good I prefer boiling mine in a pot of water with a medium size rock for two hours. Throw out the loon...eat the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Here we can post loon recipes that we have come to try and love.

I prefer mine wrapped in a thin slice of ham with dijion mustard.

This one works to:

PLANKED LOON (special request) Contributed by ^Sammy
    Catch a Loon Duck. (Black Lake Loon’s are best). Pluck and clean. Boil well. With sharp knife, split duck down the belly. Splay it on a well soaked hardwood plank. Nail it good and wire it securely. Place upright on plank in front of hot coals on outdoor fireplace. Cook well for about two hours. When done, throw that fishy duck away, and eat the plank!!!

Here is the web site it came from
    http://www.native-american-online.or...PLANKED%20LOON
    Ya know, there's a lot of animals that i eat, and i love duck, but i don't think i could bring myself to eat a loon. Squirrel, moose, bear, guinea pig even... but theres just somethin about loons, i kinda feel the same way about bear and moose, they're such majestic creatures...... but theyre just too tasty... I think a loon is where i would draw the line...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Ya know, there's a lot of animals that i eat, and i love duck, but i don't think i could bring myself to eat a loon. Squirrel, moose, bear, guinea pig even... but theres just somethin about loons, i kinda feel the same way about bear and moose, they're such majestic creatures...... but theyre just too tasty... I think a loon is where i would draw the line...

Hirams being a sissy, Hirams being a sissy

Think of it as doing soceity a favor. They eat potential trophy fish. With out loons we would have an abundance of fish and we wouldnt have to listen to the erie niose they make at night after you have had to much to drink and you are camping at Omaha Beach and think those are ghost in the woods coming to steal your sole. I mean... so I have heard

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Hirams being a sissy, Hirams being a sissy

Think of it as doing soceity a favor. They eat potential trophy fish. With out loons we would have an abundance of fish and we wouldnt have to listen to the erie niose they make at night after you have had to much to drink and you are camping at Omaha Beach and think those are ghost in the woods coming to steal your sole. I mean... so I have heard

hmmmm.... well... I like the eeerie noise they make, but you have a point about the trophy fish...

ILL GRAB THE PLANK!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

hmmmm.... well... I like the eeerie noise they make, but you have a point about the trophy fish...

ILL GRAB THE PLANK!!!
    We could probably grab a few out of the river next weekend

Smile Loonacy

Loons are quite tasty, but rather chewy, like owl!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Another Maine delicacy I've enjoyed over the years is seal. Seal Oscar and Seal parmesan are my two favaorites, yummy when served fresh!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.