vb:literal>

Thread: It's happening

Default It's happening

Earlier today I received a message from the Wetstone Mayor saying him and his friend Bob had drag a trail to the winter camp out site. Number Seven had already broke out the trail with snowshoes. This week I will be getting the wood cut. The snow is three feet deep!!! Can't wait for March first. It's going to be an awesome time. See Ya There.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Earlier today I received a message from the Wetstone Mayor saying him and his friend Bob had drag a trail to the winter camp out site. Number Seven had already broke out the trail with snowshoes. This week I will be getting the wood cut. The snow is three feet deep!!! Can't wait for March first. It's going to be an awesome time. See Ya There.
    I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    HehHeh . . . if you see the Whetstone Mayor tell him I may be coming back up which means he might want to have his snowmobile recovery/wrecker service ready to go.

On a serious note, I sincerely appreciated his help last year after my borrowed sled died on me shortly after leaving the event (darn Polaris) . . . he and his wife towed the sled to their place, let us use the phone and even fed us (red hot dogs, beans and some great biscuits) while I waited for my friend to arrive with a snowmobile trailer. These guys were top-notch people.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default That's where I got started.

That was my first foray into winter camping. Now I just can't get enough. Thanks to Vic and Tom for showing me more options of life in Maine in the winter. I'm with Aaron, "I can't wait".
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    HehHeh . . . if you see the Whetstone Mayor tell him I may be coming back up which means he might want to have his snowmobile recovery/wrecker service ready to go.

On a serious note, I sincerely appreciated his help last year after my borrowed sled died on me shortly after leaving the event (darn Polaris) . . . he and his wife towed the sled to their place, let us use the phone and even fed us (red hot dogs, beans and some great biscuits) while I waited for my friend to arrive with a snowmobile trailer. These guys were top-notch people.
    Jake you are so right about Bil and Jane, they have always been good friends and great neighbors ever since I moved here twenty years ago. I'm hoping he makes more of them beans!!

Talked to the people who plow the Barrows Falls road this morning. They told me they will keep the snow banks push back as far as possible for the event. Also if they go up that way with the bucket loader they may open up a parking lot for us to park in. Great guys.

That's the type of cooperation you see in a small town. Vic - you put great work into this one.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    That's the type of cooperation you see in a small town.
    Lois you are so right. On my bike trip across the country that was the common denominator. Small towns are the same everywhere you go.Every small town we were in the people couldn't do enough for you, come to a city and no one would even look you in the eye. Just a fact of life.

Today Tat, Lacydiesel, and myself got the wood cut and stacked next to the fire pit. This is after we dug out the fire pit, at least three feet of snow. The trail is all nicely groomed thanks to the Whetstone Mayor. I have to get the outhouse put back up and we are ready for March first. Come join us for a great time and if you aren't into winter camping, thats O.K. come spend the day with us anyways. There be a warm fire burning all day and I'm sure someone will be cooking something good over it. Stay for supper and listen to all the lies being told around the fire.Last years event was a huge success, but we can make this one even better. See Ya There!!!!