vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Valentines Day

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    i was going to buy chocolates... but i bout 1000rnds of ammunition instead...

I got Connie a Glock the first year we where togeather for VD and a couple of years ago I got her some hydrashock ammo for it. She cried both times. God I love this hick chick. Hard to beleive all of this started over a couple of coronas and a camp fire.

Sorry folks, thats as romantic as I get.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    I got Connie a Glock the first year we where togeather for VD and a couple of years ago I got her some hydrashock ammo for it. She cried both times. God I love this hick chick. Hard to beleive all of this started over a couple of coronas and a camp fire.

Sorry folks, thats as romantic as I get.

she cried eh...?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! When you've been married as long as RULOST2? and I have, you don't need to get each other anything for Valentine's Day. Just having each other's company is a great event!

And a happy Valentine's Day to the rest of you! LOL!
    My wife and I are with you Bruce on these thoughts . . . it's not that I'm not romantic . . . in fact I occasionally buy my wife a small gift, a romantic card or flowers during the year for no particular reason and The Great Wooing of Heidi Ellen was quite the romantic feat from start to finish (I don't need a one-day-a-year contrived holiday for consumerism . . . besides we already have Christmas and a host of other holidays for that!)

And it's not a long-term relationship thing . . . it's just that for some folks like my wife and myself we don't need a single day to remind us of our love for each other . . . that happens each and every day . . . of course it helps that both of us feel the same way about VD . . . in fact we also cut way back on Christmas gifts for each other as well this year and found out that it was rather nice to focus on spending time with each other instead of dealing with the whole hassle of holiday shopping.

Now for those hopeless romantics -- yeah Steph I'm thinking of you -- my wife and I still do take time out to spend quality time with each other. In fact, we have a Thursday night ritual of "date night" where we usually get some sort of take-out and watch Survivor . . . and we often dine out together . . . and as mentioned I do occasionally buy her a card, gift, flowers, etc. . . . not necessarily on Valentine's Day.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    In fact, we have a Thursday night ritual of "date night" where we usually get some sort of take-out and watch Survivor . . . and we often dine out together
    so that's how UHOP stays in business...

(btw I'm much in aggreince agreeeance agr..... yeah you're right, it's not about one day of buying overpriced cards, it's about the normal day suprises that count)

Well, we all should know you only give someone you truly love and who you know truly loves you a Glock and thennn ammunition.

I like it - Tell them you love them every day - do things whenever - you don't need a special day to celebrate with your special person...........and sometimes the tiniest things make the greatest memories!

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. Who will start the thread for - hum, what's next - St. Patrick's Day, I think. That should be a good one!

Happy V- Day. Ok I know I’m late.
    Holly got me some pomegranate martini stuff…It’s not what you drink but who you drink it with….
    We had dinner by dimly lit lights, more because the power was out and the generator isn’t that big. It was very nice.

I got Holly 5 gallons of gas for the generator …In a red gas can!!!!!. She was very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    Happy V- Day. Ok I know I’m late.
    Holly got me some pomegranate martini stuff…It’s not what you drink but who you drink it with….
    We had dinner by dimly lit lights, more because the power was out and the generator isn’t that big. It was very nice.

I got Holly 5 gallons of gas for the generator …In a red gas can!!!!!. She was very excited.
    Nothing says "I love you" like providing a warm house and a little bit of electricity to run those essentials.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    so that's how UHOP stays in business...

(btw I'm much in aggreince agreeeance agr..... yeah you're right, it's not about one day of buying overpriced cards, it's about the normal day suprises that count)
    Well in fairness I do split my business between the restaurants in town . . . sometimes I order Chinese instead of UHOP although I think overall UHOP gets most of my business . . . incidentally last night (we ordered UHOP) they were offering heart-shaped pizzas . . . I love the folks there, but this just seemed to be a little over the top.

P.S. The rumor mill says the Beverage Mill that was recently purchased will be reopening at some point as Spankys Pizza . . . while I don't particularly care for their pizza it will be interesting to see how they do since the Spankys here in Bangor tends to offer wicked deals on cheap pizza which might appeal to the masses . . . and starving, cash-poor college students.

My wife and I are with you Bruce on these thoughts . . . it's not that I'm not romantic . . . in fact I occasionally buy my wife a small gift, a romantic card or flowers during the year for no particular reason.
    And we're with you on this! LOL! Little things like this make EVERYDAY a Valentines day!

Well in fairness I do split my business between the restaurants in town . . . sometimes I order Chinese instead of UHOP although I think overall UHOP gets most of my business . . . incidentally last night (we ordered UHOP) they were offering heart-shaped pizzas . . . I love the folks there, but this just seemed to be a little over the top.

P.S. The rumor mill says the Beverage Mill that was recently purchased will be reopening at some point as Spankys Pizza . . . while I don't particularly care for their pizza it will be interesting to see how they do since the Spankys here in Bangor tends to offer wicked deals on cheap pizza which might appeal to the masses . . . and starving, cash-poor college students.

good! let the college punks go to spankys! that means the uhop will be quieter and less crowded...