vb:literal>

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: winter campout update

Ironic isn't it?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I am planning on being up tommorrow. TAT, I will try to call you when I get up that way

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    OK...now wait a minute. You are canceling a snowmobile trip due to TOO MUCH snow???
    That would be like saying "I have a free three day weekend in the middle of summer in the sunshine, so I think I'll call off the caching"
    Well maybe I should have worded it different. I am going to cancel driving up north hauling my sleds behind the truck in a snowstorm and just do my snowmobile trip locally instead.
    Blazing Troll

When I was up there last week for WWWWWW4 I was disappointed with the small amount of snow I brought with me so I sent some more.

Has it arrived?

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    When I was up there last week for WWWWWW4 I was disappointed with the small amount of snow I brought with me so I sent some more.

Has it arrived?
    It's just getting here now! Fresh snow!!!!!

I have over 5 inches of snow now and it is still snowing like crazy. I hope everyone has fun at the event. It looks like I will not make it. I am bumming.
    Blazing Troll

Hope you all are having a great time. Stay safe out there!

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Heck let them tow it and let you company pay for the tow. It's not your truck. Or just take it and park it at your employors.
    Heh.. well, the nearest office is up in canada, and the nearest US office is over in Milwaukee... So if I drop it off I'll probably miss the event...

but it's still here, my neighbor took good care of it.

The event was awesome, good times had by all, snowshoein, bean eatin, and parachuting! Thanks vic and tom for another great winter campout! can't wait for the next one!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Thumbs up event was awesome!

Sorry so many of you missed out on a great event!!
    We only got about 6inches of that snow Sat and we had a parachutte over the fire area to stay dry and warm! It was mild on Saturday around 30degrees. The food was out of this world! (TAT's omelette of the day and homemade baked beans!!) Great poker ru...errr...cache run! Thanks Vic and TAT and everyone else who helped prepare the site and make it so hospitable!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    OK...now wait a minute. You are canceling a snowmobile trip due to TOO MUCH snow???
    That would be like saying "I have a free three day weekend in the middle of summer in the sunshine, so I think I'll call off the caching"
    Trust me . . . when it comes to snowmobiling there is such a thing as having too much of a good thing . . . especially if it comes all at once.

Yesterday there were five of us out sledding. We only did 70 or so miles and in all that time we had two crashes (nothing major . . . once my brother got caught in a drift and went into a haybale and then once he ran into an unmarked ditch which pitched him off the sled), two "fall offs" while attempting to go over a steep bank near the roads (again no physical injuries) and nine "stucks" (one of which was in chest deep snow . . . it was at this point that our group decided to turn around and abandon our attempt to ride to Dysarts for lunch seeing as it was already 1 p.m.)

That said . . . I'm still loving this snow . . . just gotta remember to let the young 16-20 year olds get out before me so they can break trail and get stuck . . . makes the going so much easier for me then!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."