vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally! I have a GPSr!

I'd LOVE to do a signature item, but I'm not sure what to do at this point. Maybe after we actually get out there and find some caches and see what others have done. It's hard to decide when you haven't actually done something YK. You'll have fun doing the crafts - some are really cute and "give good luck.

I have 3 shoe boxes of sig items I have collected over the last few years as well. I have started another of SC sig items down here now. That's my favorite part of caching and I leave one of mine in the larger caches if I can. I should photograph and categorize mine one of these days.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Brdad has a good collection of sig items. Perhaps he'll post the link to his site - he's got a great set of photos.

I especially like MsTeeLee's cardinals, Forest Nymph's acorns, WhereRWe? & RULOST2?'s Maine Geocacher Permit...
    Speaking of Forest Nymph,have they dropped off the planet or what? I haven't heard from them in ages.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Maineiac Mom, have you seen this photo album yet? http://www.geocachingmaine.org/galle...ry.php/cat/509

I love sig items. I have a whole jar full. It was fun, my first year of caching, to hunt for the most famous ones, like the ladder, the cardinal, acorn, photo marble, rubber chicken, Beachcomber magnet, even the baggie of mulch! I still hope to find the elusive water-blasted Hafenecker. If anyone listens to Cachers of the Round Table, the next episode will be about handmade signature items.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Thumbs up I too love SI's

I have amassed quite a collection in my years caching. I know I have a few that are fairly scarce. I need to catalogue them as well. One of these days I guess. I know some of the ones I have the cachers aren't active at all any more.....Like Brdad
    Happy Trails!

Lightbulb Sig items at a cache event

Wouldn't it be great fun for folks to bring their signature items collections to a cache event to show them off! What great memories could be shared! Something to keep in mind this coming year...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

It might be fun to have a coffee, coins and sigs event. In my swag jar along with the sig items, I have lots of coins that I have collected just because they have personal significance, but they are un-activated. I don't usually bring them to events because people can't log them.

Thumbs up great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky View Post
    It might be fun to have a coffee, coins and sigs event. In my swag jar along with the sig items, I have lots of coins that I have collected just because they have personal significance, but they are un-activated. I don't usually bring them to events because people can't log them.
    Wouldn't it be fun to activate them all to have folks discover them, give them stories and life?! I got a new coin this weekend, a FTF signal coin, to add to my collection.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Oh, thanks for sharing that link, Kacky! It gave me some great ideas on signature items! What's "Cachers of the Round Table"?

Question: If you find a signature item in a cache, can you take it? Or are you supposed to leave it for the cache owner?

When I leave sig items, I expect that they will be traded for unless the cache owner gets there first, in which case they can have it. Most cache owners would not expect you to leave an item for them, since they may not be back to check the cache any time soon. Cachers of the Round Table is a podcast with hosts of the different geocaching podcasts talking to each other. It's kind of a digest where we compare all the stuff we have learned while producing our own shows. http://cachersroundtable.com/ is the URL. It comes out on the First Thursday of each month.