vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally! I have a GPSr!

I have always gotten compliments on dollar kids stuff that I pick up from Craft Mania and Jo-Ann fabrics. I also save little favors that we get at Eastern Star. And my Aunt, who gives a lot of money away to charity, gets lots of small trinkets in the mail and she saves them for me. I don't put in the blatantly religious ones, except for the guardian angel coins because that doesn't seem too pushy to me. I like to make the little keyring doll that I use for an avatar, but I run out a lot. MadQuilter does a really useful and pretty quilted coaster. I use mine all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    ...I saw a gum wrapper bracket the other day, I hadn't seen one of those in ... well a long time. i thought if I could remember how to make them that would kinda cool. I just would be careful about how big the items are large caches seem to be getting scarce.
    Here are some instructions on the bracelet.
    http://fluffyland.com/blog/?page_id=50

I made one for myself out of Viactiv wrappers and I thought that was very funny, but most people just wrinkle their foreheads when I show it to them. hmmmph... on MY planet, that there's a good joke!
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky View Post
    Here are some instructions on the bracelet.
    http://fluffyland.com/blog/?page_id=50

I made one for myself out of Viactiv wrappers and I thought that was very funny, but most people just wrinkle their foreheads when I show it to them. hmmmph... on MY planet, that there's a good joke!
    We use to make those from juicy fruit gum wrappers when we were kids.
    Blazing Troll

We also used to make some really neat key rings and lanyards out of gimp. Now, like most things, gimp is a computer program. I'm sure the real stuff is around and the instructions to make things as well. Camp crafts who wouldn't like that.

Thanks for the instructions on the bracelet I'll be saving gum wrappers

I have to add don't let anyone talk you into carrying little bags of river polished rocks in your backpack. no matter how much you love them.....

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    We use to make those from juicy fruit gum wrappers when we were kids.
    Sheesh! I can think of a LOT of things we used to do "before computers". LOL!

I get lots of ideas here....

Google "scout swaps" for more great sites.

Actually, we should create a thread just for Do it yourself swag...all these great ideas in one place.

LOL Team 2 Hunt! I suppose one of these days I MIGHT make it to Big G's in Waterville. Is there anything else there?

Wouldn't the gum wrapper bracelets have a smell that might attact animals to the caches?

I'm not sure what we're going to get. I'd like a Signature Item, but I would need them for both kids since they would want their 'own thing'. We'll figure something out! With all this now, it'll be JULY before we get out anyway. ((sighs))

Talked with the kids. They want to MAKE something. I have TONS of the Oriental Trading Company kits so they'll put together some of those for the caches - Lucky Ladybugs, Beaded Santas, Sun Windsocks...It'll get them involved more. (And maybe I'll find some things elsewhere as well...)

Thumbs up Sig Items are fun!

I love discovering signature items! I especially love sig items that are useful! I feel if sig items are useful / of value, then they can be traded for other things, but if they are just a card or something plain then you really ought to trade with something else too. Main thing is to have fun, as always!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Brdad has a good collection of sig items. Perhaps he'll post the link to his site - he's got a great set of photos.

I especially like MsTeeLee's cardinals, Forest Nymph's acorns, WhereRWe? & RULOST2?'s Maine Geocacher Permit...