vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The tale of two skis

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    . He has assured me that as soon as the ice goes out he will put his boat into the water and search diligently for the missing ski.
    The ice was out that's why he couldn't get the ski, it went into the water....lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

yeah, we go on a cache run... and what does the cache run king not do... sign the log for us!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default you could have...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    yeah, we go on a cache run... and what does the cache run king not do... sign the log for us!
    Some of us chose to stop and search one last time for the find. You could have stopped and looked too. I sure was glad to have found and logged it. I can't imagine ever coming back to the area for just that one cache. I'm sure you will find the time to log it. Good luck!

Cache run King? must be thinking of TAT.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Some of us chose to stop and search one last time for the find. You could have stopped and looked too. I sure was glad to have found and logged it. I can't imagine ever coming back to the area for just that one cache. I'm sure you will find the time to log it. Good luck!

Cache run King? must be thinking of TAT.
    actually we did stop and look one last time, but i was looking at the other end of the bridge where it wasnt fully investigated...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Well having gone back to the area for no caches, I can tell you that it is a very nice walk and a pretty area. I may even go back again and explore the hut more or look for things. A guy I know says never do all the caches close to your house just in case you want to do a cache that you don't have to drive a long ways for.

Cool Hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    Well having gone back to the area for no caches, I can tell you that it is a very nice walk and a pretty area. I may even go back again and explore the hut more or look for things. A guy I know says never do all the caches close to your house just in case you want to do a cache that you don't have to drive a long ways for.
    I like your philosophy Team Richards! Thanks again for tagging along with us and getting us digging in the right areas! It was a lot of fun!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Team Richards has echoed something I wished I had been told or read early on - leave some of those at home - for when you just need a cache fix.......and driving miles won't do. I have a few left close but they are all significant hike - body, don't fail me when I attempt them!

Well, I was with TAT when all this happened and I must say I was terrified! I thought he had gone over with the ski! You all can't imagine how it looked, seeing him speeding over the edge of the abyss in chase of the ski! He's a regular TARZAN and grabbed a tree at the last moment. PHEW!

Smile Unsigned Log

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I went out yesterday, 2/25/08 to do the Messalonski series. Di and I had done 1 and 2 and with all the "tracks" I figured the group of you left I guessed it would be farily easy hiking and somwhat helpful. Found 3 thru six without too much effort ( I did have helpful clues from Rich and Carol on 3 and 4. After doing 6 I decided to head back to the "squeeze" cache before loading the coords for #7. I figured Early fences meant something located close to the chain link fences where the trail starts! NOT! So by this time it was starting to get dark so now I"ve got to go back and get the last @#$#$% cache. Not realy a problem as the trail system is spectacular, plus I want to check on my loon that Steph placed there.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Early fences

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I went out yesterday, 2/25/08 to do the Messalonski series. Di and I had done 1 and 2 and with all the "tracks" I figured the group of you left I guessed it would be farily easy hiking and somwhat helpful. Found 3 thru six without too much effort ( I did have helpful clues from Rich and Carol on 3 and 4. After doing 6 I decided to head back to the "squeeze" cache before loading the coords for #7. I figured Early fences meant something located close to the chain link fences where the trail starts! NOT! So by this time it was starting to get dark so now I"ve got to go back and get the last @#$#$% cache. Not realy a problem as the trail system is spectacular, plus I want to check on my loon that Steph placed there.
    Yeah...I remember in my American history class about the pilgrims clearing the land and building CHAIN LINK FENCES.