vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Richards reaches 1000!

Smile Great caching by great cachers!

Congrats Team Richards!!
    Impressive, especially when you're spending Saturday afternoons taking other cachers to caches you've already found!! Thanks again for being fun guides!
    Here's to many more laughs, finds, and coins!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Congratulations to the Team for the huge accomplishment! You are all an inspiration!

In your honor, we'll start a new thread called "1000 reasons why we love geocaching."

Talking Congrats

Way to go Team Richards. As I struggle along trying to find one more to hit 250 I am inspired by you folks, Gobbler's 3000 and the thoughtful group that plays this game. Keep 'em coming and thanks for the clues you have provided to this newbie as I continue my search for "plastic pleasures." (Careful with that one kiddies!)
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Thank you all for the kind words. It has been a lot of fun I don't see that ending any time soon. We sure did have to dig out quite a few this winter. I think the funnest one was one of the piano keys.
    I was at ground zero and there was nothing but snow. I turned to leave and my foot went through the snow up to my...well past my knee. When I pulled my foot out I saw I had stepped in the middle of a guard rail..... found it!

We need to thank you all, because we wouldn't have gotten that many cache with out all your help.
    We're very fortunate to have met and become friends with so many great people.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Way to go Team Richards. As I struggle along trying to find one more to hit 250 I am inspired by you folks, Gobbler's 3000 and the thoughtful group that plays this game. Keep 'em coming and thanks for the clues you have provided to this newbie as I continue my search for "plastic pleasures." (Careful with that one kiddies!)

Just for giggles I googled Plastic Pleasures, I would strongly recommend the faint of heart not google it. But on the other hand I just ordered one.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Just for giggles I googled Plastic Pleasures, I would strongly recommend the faint of heart not google it. But on the other hand I just ordered one.
    I know that if I google it, the 12 yo will be looking over my shoulder
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    I know that if I google it, the 12 yo will be looking over my shoulder
    Then please don't until after bedtime - this is a family sport! There would be a lot of explaining to do.
    Last edited by hollora; 03-03-2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: sentence

Default Hard earned find!

The one find that sums up the Team's tenacity was 42 16 MINUTES EVEN, GC17R58. This is a small rock hide a key placed in a grassy field at the top of a hill in Portland. Hard enough, but then it snowed before the cache was found.

To entice people to look for it through the snow, I posted a $25 cash bounty. Many folks looked, but Team Richards made several trips and shoveled off a large area, before laying claim to the FTF and the bounty.

This typifies the effort put forth by the Team, congratulations guys!!

I just cam ein from shoveling three roofs that all had over 2 feet of snow.
    Although finding 42 16 was a lot of fun, sitting here now I can't believe
    I SHOVELED A FIELD!!!! Now those are the things you remember.

All I can say Dave is good for you, if I was not so busy that time of the year I probably would have been there helping you.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!