vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March Newsletter

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I am somewhat against this in the newsletter. We are trying to keep opinion out of the content, which could happen with profiling cachers.
    Thanks! I agree! I was going to comment on this idea, but I decided to wait until someone else addressed it.

This is along the same line as my objection to mentioning birthdays in the newsletter.

Default not singling out people

FFJ, I think while objectivity was one concern, the greater concern was that some people would feel singled out and others feel left out. I didn't want to take on the responsibility of figuring out everyone's birthday and posting everyone's in the Newsletter, so I no longer post those in the Milestones section. But if there's anyone out there who'd like to put together a list from the Birthday Calendar on the site and send it to me in a timely manner, I wouldn't mind including it in the Newsletter...
    I like brdad's idea: if someone else writes an Article (in the Articles forum) putting a personality and face to geocachers, I'd love to mention it in the Newsletter. I'd love to be able to draw more people to the Articles forum!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods