vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Verizon DSL

Lightbulb aerials available

I know there are aerials from the 70s at the Geological Survey in Augusta, in the DOC building on the east side. I don't know how accessible they are to the public though...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

This site has some aerial photos, not from the fifties but a few years old
    http://megisims.state.me.us/website/orthomap/viewer.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    This site has some aerial photos, not from the fifties but a few years old
    http://megisims.state.me.us/website/orthomap/viewer.htm
    This is the same aerials that are on Google. Google Earth is easier to maneuver around with.
    Blazing Troll

Rick, maybe the age of the picture varies by neighborhood? The Google Earth picture of my street is about 10 years old, and the Virtual Earth picture is only about 3 years old. I can tell by the changes I have made in my landscaping. and the car in my neighbor's driveway.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Default could be

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky View Post
    Rick, maybe the age of the picture varies by neighborhood? The Google Earth picture of my street is about 10 years old, and the Virtual Earth picture is only about 3 years old. I can tell by the changes I have made in my landscaping. and the car in my neighbor's driveway.
    That could be. Depending on the altitude that pictures were taken at, they may piece meal the different years to give the allusion of having uniform distances.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky View Post
    All I know is if you go look at the old location of where Walmart used to be in Aubrun and you will notice that The Home Depot is not built next to it yet and that is over 9 years ago ort more that The Home Depot has been there. I was only using that as a reference as a time frame.
    Blazing Troll

You guys are " up in the air here now aren't you"?

Just kidding of course, but satellite photos and the like - - - -

The photo of our neighborhood is old!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!