vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Daylight Saving Time

Hybrid View

Exclamation 2008 Daylight Saving Time

FYI Folks - This Sunday, March 9th at 2AM is the beginning of daylight savings time. Don't forget to Spring your Clocks ahead one hour!

If you don't, who knows, you might be late for a very important date! Seems a lot earlier this year and actually is compared to 2004, 5 & 6.

Lois the best part is the sun will be up longer in the warmer time of day. These means a lot more snow melting.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Lois the best part is the sun will be up longer in the warmer time of day. These means a lot more snow melting.
    I don't know if this is the "best" thing for us snow lovers . . . but I know my wife is definitely ready for Spring.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I don't know. Is this a good thing?

Doesn't it mean that "mud" season is starting?

Perhaps keeping winter and snow all year would be better.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    I don't know. Is this a good thing?

Doesn't it mean that "mud" season is starting?
    Yes! We drove on some dirt roads today, and it was either ice, slush or mud! NASTY!!!

We like the fact that it will be lighter later in the day, when we are awake.

So how much day light can we save and where can we go get some more?

YIPPY! MUD! I've never been geocaching in the mud. I can't wait!........In fact Ive only cached in the snow, so mud will be a fun change! All my Pigs and Pigglets love the mud too!

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    YIPPY! MUD! I've never been geocaching in the mud. I can't wait!........In fact Ive only cached in the snow, so mud will be a fun change! All my Pigs and Pigglets love the mud too!
    With the mud comes black flies and mosquitos. Give me the snow any day

All these reminders about the time and I still didn't remember it. I got a call from work this morning and was told they didn't need me today as they are trying to cut back on hours. There is only 4 more weeks at the ski resort of being open so they are trying to make as much money as they can. Unfortunately that means I only worked two days this week. ANYWAYS ... I didn't have the clock set right so if they hadn't told me not to come in, I would have been an hour late to work and ruined my perfect attendance record of 35 years. You all tried your best to warn me, I just don't have much attention span.

DKF - so if you had set your clock ahead would you have been to work before they made the call and gotten a day of work or had to turn around and head home? Cutting back and the season isn't even over - that's to bad. I tried to help. Oh well!
    Last edited by hollora; 03-11-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: punctuation