vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 Daylight Saving Time

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Don't forget when you "spring ahead" to put a fresh battery in your smoke detectors.

We have to change the batteries in the detectors often since usually we burn the supper meal and it goes off. Even the one in the bed room. So, we know when to change them because we will cook a couple of meals and not have to go reset it. That tells us its time to change the batteries, aswell as that anoying beep.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Even the one in the bed room.
    Hey Connie, does it get that HOT in the bedroom?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Hey Connie, does it get that HOT in the bedroom?

Of couse, Dave is such a Stud

All these reminders about the time and I still didn't remember it. I got a call from work this morning and was told they didn't need me today as they are trying to cut back on hours. There is only 4 more weeks at the ski resort of being open so they are trying to make as much money as they can. Unfortunately that means I only worked two days this week. ANYWAYS ... I didn't have the clock set right so if they hadn't told me not to come in, I would have been an hour late to work and ruined my perfect attendance record of 35 years. You all tried your best to warn me, I just don't have much attention span.

DKF - so if you had set your clock ahead would you have been to work before they made the call and gotten a day of work or had to turn around and head home? Cutting back and the season isn't even over - that's to bad. I tried to help. Oh well!
    Last edited by hollora; 03-11-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: punctuation

See how absolutely bad I am at the time thing? You're right, I wouldn't have been an hour late, I would have been an hour early. Deep down, I guess I was destined to never be late for work or be out with a sick day. Of course at interviews for jobs, the fact I have never missed a day of work in 35 years doesn't account for much apparently. You know what the head of the lifts said last week when he had to send someone home for the day? The other guy I work with needed to stay because he had "fines" to pay. The week before, he didn't show up for two days because he was in jail. That's a priority for the ski resort I'll tell ya.