Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: GCK27G - Time and Tide Wait for No Geocacher.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default GCK27G - Time and Tide Wait for No Geocacher.

    Seems this one is in trouble. The cache has to be one of my all time favorites. A tad of a challenge but loads of fun and beautiful. It is a bit outside of Jonesport.

    The logs indicate the ammo box is empty, the bag was located in another location, question of if the ammo box is even where it belongs ~ the logs tell a long story. Everyone who has found the cache has tried to help in some small way but this needs help.

    The owner posted they have moved away and can not maintain the cache. They are willing to adopt it to a new cache owner.

    If I lived closer I would be willing - anyone Downeast who may be interested?

    And FYI - to anyone who is going to make a wise comment about me being the Cache Police...but I do have a pretty new coin which says that on it.....this is not the case. I just noticed the posting by the cache owner and thought I would share it.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post

    And FYI - to anyone who is going to make a wise comment about me being the Cache Police...but I do have a pretty new coin which says that on it.....this is not the case. I just noticed the posting by the cache owner and thought I would share it.
    No worries there Hollora, you are stepping up and helping all of us maintain the caches here in Maine...for all to enjoy. That's what is important. Thanks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Machias, Maine
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I might be able to adopt this one, however depending it's availibility during the winter months it may be a month or so before I can get to it. I will email the owner through GC.com. This cache was on my list for this spring anyway.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    That would be wonderful - I am sure the cache owner would appreciate it. If caches are unavailable in the winter some folks disable them so they don't come in on people's queries. Also if they are waiting to get to them.

    After adoption, the option would be open to you. Thank you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    1,972

    Default here we go again.........

    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Seems this one is in trouble. The cache has to be one of my all time favorites. A tad of a challenge but loads of fun and beautiful. It is a bit outside of Jonesport.

    The logs indicate the ammo box is empty, the bag was located in another location, question of if the ammo box is even where it belongs ~ the logs tell a long story. Everyone who has found the cache has tried to help in some small way but this needs help.

    The owner posted they have moved away and can not maintain the cache. They are willing to adopt it to a new cache owner.

    If I lived closer I would be willing - anyone Downeast who may be interested?

    And FYI - to anyone who is going to make a wise comment about me being the Cache Police...but I do have a pretty new coin which says that on it.....this is not the case. I just noticed the posting by the cache owner and thought I would share it.
    The cache police in action....... I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night and was feeling a little............well you know.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al'Thor View Post
    I might be able to adopt this one, however depending it's availibility during the winter months it may be a month or so before I can get to it. I will email the owner through GC.com. This cache was on my list for this spring anyway.
    Cool! Thanks! This area has some great caches and is worth a trip.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Machias, Maine
    Posts
    120

    Smile Cache Adopted !!!!!!!

    I have adopted this cache. I have disabled the cache until I can replace, explore and make changes. I hope to have it ready within the first couple of weeks in April. I am very excited to to own this cache.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gainesville, Georgia
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Congrats,it's because of cachers like yourself that makes caching worthwhile. We have to look out for each other.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by al'Thor View Post
    I have adopted this cache. I have disabled the cache until I can replace, explore and make changes. I hope to have it ready within the first couple of weeks in April. I am very excited to to own this cache.
    Thanks! Sadly, we didn't get "Down East" this year. Too busy going to other places! LOL!

    But we're talking about going to PEI after the Rendezvous Quebec event, so will be coming through on the way back. Hope there are lots of new caches in the area!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Machias, Maine
    Posts
    120

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Thanks! Sadly, we didn't get "Down East" this year. Too busy going to other places! LOL!

    But we're talking about going to PEI after the Rendezvous Quebec event, so will be coming through on the way back. Hope there are lots of new caches in the area!

    Within a fews months you should start seeing more caches within the Machias Area. There are so many great places here just screaming for a chance to have a cache.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •