vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adopt a cache

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I "adopted" the "Caratunk Cache - GCH9BP" after the approver posted (before the FTF) that the cache was in risk of being archived because it was obviously a "vacation cache" - and the listing quite plainly said so.

It isn't listed in my name because I never actually coordinated with an approver, but as I understand, they will change "owners" if you volunteer to adopt an abandoned cache.
    That's what I am thinking...

Oh yes, by all means then, contact one.

Default Adoption

Yeah,good going Jen. Just contact GPSfun and he will get right back to you. That's what I did with the China School Forest cache after getting in touch with the teacher at the school who originally owned it and no longer wanted to take care of it.The approver should give you a reply right off. (PS: am waiting for the weather to warm some before I replace it)
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    (PS: am waiting for the weather to warm some before I replace it)
    That's what we were going to do... I have all the cache stuff from all the other caches that I am going to merge together, but I don't want to go through the snow. I'm also going to head up to iParty to grab some goodies and fillup the containers. I still have our 'geochicks' ammo can that my little brother gave to me that I have yet to use.

I just stumbled across this link in the GC.com forums: Geocaching Adoption Service. It looks like the owner needs to first put the cache up for adoption, then the adoptee can adopt. I haven't tested it yet but hope to soon for the Picket Mt. cache that's near us. Maybe someone can use it for the cache mentioned in this thread, too.

Default Picket Moutain

Good luck getting Picket Mountain. It was not there when I looked, but it is such a nice area that I didn't mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    I just stumbled across this link in the GC.com forums: Geocaching Adoption Service. It looks like the owner needs to first put the cache up for adoption, then the adoptee can adopt. I haven't tested it yet but hope to soon for the Picket Mt. cache that's near us. Maybe someone can use it for the cache mentioned in this thread, too.
    Why don't you just place a new cache there? It looks like the old cache has been archived for a long time and there doesn't seem to be any significant history that would warrant it's return.