vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you sick of winter?

Wink On another side ....

Parmachenee and myself did a Groleau cache yesterday which took us 4 and a half hours over a 5 mile snowshoe hike with a 700' elevation gain. We had all we could do to lift our legs by the end of it. We did manage (barely) to raise our mugs at Murphy's to celebrate the victory. Moral of the story. Some are glad it's still winter. We were tired, but the good kind of tired.
    Happy Trails!

You gonna eat that carrot?
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    Cache in bogs and swamps are much easier to get to when there is snow.
    Yup. Was the only time to do the Etna Bog Cache. And winter is the only time that most of us can get to those caches on islands on Maine ponds! LOL!

Snow Balls?

I think winter is officially over for me now . . . in 5 days I'm going to the Carribean for a week which means the next two weekends are shot.

However, my brother in law from CT and I did get in a 261 mile ride yesterday . . . drove up to Lincoln, off loaded the sleds, rode to Kokadjo, realized I should have brought my GPSr after getting a little lost near the #4 Mountain (but on the flip side the scenery up there was absolutely stunning with snow-covered mountain vistas and every tree sheathed in a covering of glistening ice and snow), got lost again as I thought we had missed a turn (turns out we didn't so we ended up riding an additional 20 miles each way) . . . started and finished our day at the same place . . . Dysarts.

I think I can officially give up the riding now and welcome Spring.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Thumbs up April 20th

Spring arrives this Thursday. I will officially be done with Winter then.

edited: oops! yes it is March 20th. Been a long Winter.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Although I'm ready for the snow to go I am hoping for a slow melt.
    We have gone from a 30" base to a 23" base on our front lawn in the last couple of weeks. If this was to melt all at once we will have a 23" base of MUD.

At least if I fall in the snow I'm clean when I get up..... Well as clean as I was before I fell.

Default white.....

I've heard you should not wear white after Labor Day. In Vermont I hear you should not visit with a white truck before Memorial Day.
    Mud season, followed by black fly season, and then 3 weeks of Summer and then we "fall" back into mud season.

You gotta love it.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Talking Yes it does arrive on the 20th

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Spring arrives this Thursday. I will officially be done with Winter then.
    Of course it's March 20th not April 20th
    Happy Trails!

Tink and I sat down at the fire pit last night and just sat around enjoying a nice fire. That was after I dug the fire pit out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firepit.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	282  
    Blazing Troll