vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you sick of winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    After spending the weekend in Vermont, and part of the day up to my a@#, in snow. I thought I would take it easy and grab a few caches in Concord NH on the way home today. They were all listed as winter friendly, and well some were not even accessible due to the parking not being plowed. And then to top it off, I'm really getting tired of finding caches I can't retrieve, because they are iced in! This has been a long cold Winter, and yes I am ready for some nice sunny weather without the chance of more snow. Looks like I will have to wait til Summer.
    NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!
    My cache IS winter friendly, Honest... OH DEER !!!, !!! Do come see!!!!

so lonely, so lonely, OH DEER !!

Unhappy So sad for you folks.....

Took a trip to Bangor this past weekend and discovered why you folks are caching. Becket reinforce my discovery when she sent several photo that looked like they were taken last spring. Even had some little birds that know enough to stay down there a little longer. What we discovered was simply there was no snow. So sad no April skiing for you guys. Well let me tell you up here in the north there is amazing amount of the white stuff, looks like May skiing for us. Most of our downstair windows are covered and the driveway is more like a small canyon. Just finished blowing the drive from the snow today, trying to bare so tar for the sun to do its thing and took a photo. Hope I was able to attach it as some times I have trouble.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3260002.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	270.8 KB 
ID:	285  
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

I think I'd need a beefier snowblower to get over those banks!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods Explorer View Post
    Took a trip to Bangor this past weekend and discovered why you folks are caching.
    Sheesh! Rulost2? and I had to go to Bangor on Thursday of last week - we were SHOCKED to see that they have NO SNOW! TIME TO MAKE A CACHING TRIP TO BANGOR!!!

See....but here's the thing...since we don't have much snow here....we think we can go to other places....like Augusta, L/A and expect no snow...but that is not the case....so it kinda works both ways.

Question winter over?

I had planned to start field season this week, along the coast. But I've spent the week battling a sinus infection and/or respiratory flu. And while I still have a cough, the antibiotics are giving me some yucky side effects.

I hope everyone else is enjoying either the snow or mud season, wherever you happen to be in the big ol' state o' Maine.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods Explorer View Post
    Took a trip to Bangor this past weekend and discovered why you folks are caching. Becket reinforce my discovery when she sent several photo that looked like they were taken last spring. Even had some little birds that know enough to stay down there a little longer. What we discovered was simply there was no snow. So sad no April skiing for you guys. Well let me tell you up here in the north there is amazing amount of the white stuff, looks like May skiing for us. Most of our downstair windows are covered and the driveway is more like a small canyon. Just finished blowing the drive from the snow today, trying to bare so tar for the sun to do its thing and took a photo. Hope I was able to attach it as some times I have trouble.
    Holy Crap Erik!!!! Now that is some snow... By the way how are you coming on that question I asked about the earthcache down here I am contemplating?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Heck no, I am not sick of winter. I am heading north again this weekend to get more of it.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    See....but here's the thing...since we don't have much snow here....we think we can go to other places....like Augusta, L/A and expect no snow...but that is not the case....so it kinda works both ways.
    You definitely DON'T want to try the area from Skowhegan north! LOL! I don;t think the snow has melted at all. We still have 4-feet on the ground.

There are a couple of caches in the area we're antsy to log, but email with the cache owner has convinced us that we don't even want to try until the snow is ALL gone! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!
    My cache IS winter friendly, Honest... OH DEER !!!, !!! Do come see!!!!

so lonely, so lonely, OH DEER !!
    HHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

OH DEER !! There ignoring us.

Oh Well !!!!!
    Those who have found it think it's a good cache!!!!

Opalsns