vb:literal>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are you sick of winter?

Snow...you have no idea how tired of it I am. Usually I don't mind winter, but this one is dragging on forever. Last weekend we broke the all time snow record and currently sit at 189.1" of the stuff for the year. And it's not over yet. My guess is we won't be caching for some time up here.

Looking off my back deck. There is a 4' fence around my property...somewhere under all the snow.

Your picture reminds me why I'm glad I have a roof on my deck! LOL!

although it's nothin like up in the county, we did some caching around bangor today and were still up to our knees in spots. But don't worry! the snow will return, it's only a few more months until winter!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Two words to the wise: If you are walking along a snowmobile trail, do NOT wander off that track...you'll sink up to your knees/waist. And, if you are hiking across a lake like I did on Wednesday heading for the cache at Dubord's house....do NOT follow close to the shore. Not knowing the lake, I did not want to break through the ice so I tried to stay close enough to shore in case I did break through. Of course, I found out that's where the open water is...underneath the snow banks close to shore. At a point a few hundred yards from the cache I went through to above my knees, went to and found the cache, then had to walk back about 1.5 miles to my car in wet pants and boots. C'mon spring!

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    ....C'mon spring!
    no no, you should be cheering, c'mon winter!, that way the lakes will freeze better and you won't hafta worry about fallin through. Trust me, the lakes are a lot harder to walk across in the summer...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Trust me, the lakes are a lot harder to walk across in the summer...

I could do it...

I did once,
    I was fishing with BubbaBass up to my waist in the pond when , as quick as lightining,
    SomeTHING grabbed my bait and headed straight at me. BubbaBass said I actually rose up, turned and RAN to the shore. And I Believe I did!!!!
    Opalsns

Well winter is done for me now. I just got back from Jackman and the snowbanks are still taller then me and there will probably be snowmobiling for three more weeks up there at least. I can no longer afford to trailer my sled and pay for the gas up there unless someone wants me to be a guide and they pay for the trip and I let them come alone and use one of my sleds. hint, hint.

So winter might as well be over with. So it can move out any time now.
    Blazing Troll

Wink hangin on

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    although it's nothin like up in the county, we did some caching around bangor today and were still up to our knees in spots. But don't worry! the snow will return, it's only a few more months until winter!!!
    You'd think I could talk you into one last camping trip...mmmm
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods