vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marden's Ammo boxes

After checking around and seeing what an ammo can costs through surplus stores, magazine suppliers, and other sources, I found that the ebay cans were not that bad of a deal. Figure $35.00 total (shipping included) for 4 cans (the larger 50cals). That is less than $10.00 a can and its brought right to you door. I bought almost 20 cans over the course of a few months as I could afford it.

Where the hell is that thing?

At the Meet and Greet in So. Maine last night, Mapachi brought a couple he had painted. Wow - they looked really nice - almost has an artist touch.

I have often wondered if buying a pallet of them at auction or surplus would be cost effective. A collective buying effort might make this worth while.

EH - agreed that these suckers are heavy to ship so $10/per is not to bad. Except for muggles - does anyone know - do these ever wear out?

Question Rust is their only enemy

I water gets under the paint they can rust. Other than that, not much else can hurt them. I suppose after being opened and close repeatedly the hinge could wear out. It would take a lot though.
    Happy Trails!

Smile Ammo Cans

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I water gets under the paint they can rust. Other than that, not much else can hurt them. I suppose after being opened and close repeatedly the hinge could wear out. It would take a lot though.
    Cabelas gives away plastic ammo cans when you buy large quantitites of ammo. I have about 20 or so. They come with a foam sealer, the standard latch and are army green. These boxes will never rust. They sell these boxes for $14.95 and the new store in Scarborough opens May 15th!!! If you've never been to a Cabelas you'll want to check this place out. In all due respect to LL Bean, Cabelas camping and outdoor "toy" department will blow you away.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

One of the best mail-order places I've found for ammo cans is "Cheaper than Dirt", which currently has 30 cal cans for about $6, and 50 cal cans for about $8.

Default Perret's

I've been buying all my ammo cans from www.perretsarmysurplus.com
    I think they have a store in Brewer or Bangor too. 30 cal. cans are $6.99 each and 50 cal are $8.99. Plus shipping of course. Last year they offered a pallet full (several hundred cans I think) for a good price per can. If we had only had a place to store them and a way to distribute them....

Anyway. Perrets is always there waiting when I need cans.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

One of the best mail-order places I've found for ammo cans is "Cheaper than Dirt", which currently has 30 cal cans for about $6, and 50 cal cans for about $8.

You just have to love a place called "Cheaper Than Dirt"

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I've been buying all my ammo cans from www.perretsarmysurplus.com
    I30 cal. cans are $6.99 each and 50 cal are $8.99. Plus shipping of course. Last year they offered a pallet full (several hundred cans I think) for a good price per can.
    a pallet of 200 cans goes for $4 dollars a can plus shipping.